The strange man

Kay's pov:

I was adopted by Marie Lu Barebone.

I mainly stood up for my mothers' other adopted siblings. See, Credence and I got along together the best due to one thing:

We were magical.

Now, being magical in the Barebone family was dangerous. Marie Lu hated us the most because Credence's parents were magical, and in a letter from my birth mother, she was magical. Marie Lu beat us the most.

One day, we were out passing out papers for mama's cause: To kill all witches.

I saw a very tall man in a blue coat. I smiled, pointing him out to mama. She saw this and pointed to him, "You friend! What drew you to our meeting today?"

"J-Just passing through." He stutters.

"Are you a seeker? A seeker for truth?" She asked.

"I'm more of a chaser, really." He said.

I giggled a little bit and the man looked at me. After all, any witch or wizard would take it as a quidditch reference. My "mama" glared at me. Marie continued talking, and I passed out more papers. Getting tired of basically doing nothing I look around just in time to see the man run off, towards the bank. I turn toward Marie Lu. "Mama?" I call her since we are in public, "I'm going to try inside again and see if anybody wants any." I mutter wondering what exactly he was up too. After all, not everyone goes running into the bank for no apparent reason.

She glares at me again. As she was about to say something she saw behind me the man running. Knowing I wasn't going for the papers but the man she said, "Hush child, you should mind your manners." Marie Lu says, turning back to the crowd. I started to rush up the stairs, looking for the strange man. Little did I know the adventures he would bring into my cruel life.