"Caden--"

"It feels real, Sky." He murmured. "So fucking real."

I tried to stop myself, I tried thinking of anything that could've made me not do it. Give in. Because I wanted to. So fucking badly, I wanted to give in. He was so close and giving in had never felt so easy and so dangerous. Maybe I did have a thing for danger.

Before I could've pulled myself out of this trance, I pulled my hand away from his, clumsily grabbed his face, and closed the distance between our lips.

I made that mistake again. I kissed him again. And maybe it was going to come back and bite me hard in the ass a few minutes later. But I didn't think about it right then. I couldn't.

One second I was leaning against him; kissing him, and the very next, he was pushing me back against the door and kissing me. Devouring me. His hands were on me, everywhere, bunching into my sweater and slipping inside. It was messy and needy and my insides were humming in absolute fucking bliss.

Just Caden. It was just him and the kiss, so soft and desperate. Wanting more and everything. I could've given him anything at that point.

When his teeth grazed against my lower lip, I gasped into the kiss, and his tongue slipped past my lips. Hot and needy and making my head spin.

When I was sure I might pass out with the lack of air in my lungs, I pulled away an inch and slumped back against the door, my hands in his hair and on his shoulder, and not wanting to pull away more than I already had.

We both were breathing heavily. And there was just silence.

"Fuck, Sky." He breathed out, leaning close, his lips brushing against mine. Not innocently like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I needed to pull away before I lost myself in this, whatever this was, but I didn't. I didn't want to. I could no longer think straight.

His lips left my own and trailed lower, and my eyes fluttered shut when he began nuzzling my neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. Soft wisps of his dark black hair swept past my ear, caressing the skin along my face, and my cheeks.

Too much. This was just too much.

My hands tangled themselves in his hair as his dug into my waist, under my sweater. Hot, it felt too hot.

"Anderson," his voice came out raspy and I felt it against my skin. "I'm two seconds away from ripping this stupid, ugly sweater off of you."

I don't understand why I started laughing then. There was no word in that sentence that should've made me laugh. But it did anyway. And Caden really just had to kiss me again to effectively shut me up.

When he pulled away, leaning his forehead against my own, both of us were panting heavily.

"It was so hard, Sky." He whispered. I wished I could see his green eyes. I wished the bulb hadn't flickered off. "This was making me crazy."

This was making me insane, I wanted to say. But I was at a loss for words.

So I just leaned against him and his hold around my waist tightened a bit. "Caden?" My voice came out small. Maybe even a bit scared. "Please don't say this was a mistake." Because what if it was? Would he start hating me again?

"It never was." He murmured.

I blinked in surprise, breaking into a smile.

"I don't...I don't understand." I whispered. "I thought you hated me."

"Clearly, Anderson." His hand crept down my waist. "I only ever kiss the people I hate."

I couldn't fucking stop smiling. Geez.

The bell rang out of nowhere, a shrill sound filling up the silence. Caden didn't pull away and neither did I. How was I to pull away after this?

"I don't think I want to go." I broke the silence. "And...I don't think I mean it in a clingy way."

He laughed softly and my insides lit up. I was in a deep mess, I thought.

He placed a small kiss on my forehead and I nearly melted against him. I never knew this side of him existed, and I think I was falling head over heels for it. I didn't know how to stop it, the strange feeling overwhelming my heart, tugging at my heartstrings.

"I don't think I can let you go." He said.

I stared at the outline of his face, blinking. How could this be any more real than a dream? Caden Miller was supposed to hate everyone's guts. I was supposed to stay away from him.

"But if I kiss you any longer," He murmured slowly, emphasizing on every word. "I don't think I'd be able to stop."

My eyes widened a little and a small sound formed at the very back of my throat. I think I had forgotten how to function properly.

"Fair enough. I should go." I managed to speak up. "Will we...will we discuss this later?"

Was it stupid that I was so pathetically hoping right now? Caden went silent and I almost instantly cursed myself for saying it out loud. Had I ruined it? Had this actually really been too good to be true?

"Sure."

I stared, nodding, and exhaled a shaky sigh. That was fine. I could do well with sure. My hand reached out to open the door behind me. But before I could've though, he grabbed me closer by my sweater once again.

His lips on mine and I breathed him in, tasted him again. He pulled away after another soft push of his lips against mine.

"Stay away from that redhead, will you?"

Safe to say, Calculus was a bitch and I hated it.

_______

Make sure to click the ★ below ↓ if you liked this chapter.

Xoxo,
Crystal 🌿