Chapter 25: War

Miya's POV

What on earth is happening??

The plan... it all went wrong! It was supposed to be a fake war but the Dark Empire took it seriously! It was supposed to be an act to make the fourth Mystic come out of his hiding place together with his army, but what is this?!

Alucard, why?

"Charge! We got set-up! We have no other choice but to fight back. They want a real war?? Then we'll give it to them. Attack!"

My eyes widened when King Zilong initiated the war. Damn, they're making it worse!

I froze when a sharp scythe was pointed to me. I faced the attacker and saw her blazing eyes of anger.

"I don't really like you from the start but I have to stop myself from hurting you because you are Alucard's mate. And now? I disgust you. You accepted him because you want power! Then you rejected him since you found someone better, right?"

Her very sharp scythe went closer to me. "I don't care about whatever your reason is, the ending is still the same anyway. You hurt him, and I'm going to make you pay!"

Ruby started to attack me while I kept on dodging her attacks.

My eyes widened when Ruby's body turned to ice, unable to move from her position.

"Miya! Run hurry! I'll take care of her. Go back to the palace!" Aurora yelled while trying to stop Ruby from getting closer to us.

I frowned. "What? No! I need to help all of you!" Why is she making me go back to the palace?? They need me here!

My eyes widened when I saw a car coming in my way.

"Grock! Protect the queen!"

Grock appeared and immediately built a wall in front of us. The car bumped to the wall and dealt damage to itself.

"Hylos! Take the queen back to the palace, quickly!" Grock ordered then a centaur arrived in a few seconds.

Who's the queen?

"W-Wait. Why me??" I'm confused...

"Faster! If he knew she's still here, he'll be furious!" Grock shouted. He carried then placed me at the back of Hylos. He didn't waste a second and dashed as fast as he could just to get me away from this place and I have no idea why.

I should be helping them and not running away! And wait, why are Grock and Hylos helping me? They're not from our empire. Unless...

"Stop right there, Hylos. So you are betraying us now? Where are you taking the Light Empire's Queen?" Minotaur appeared.

Hylos scoffed. "It's none of your business."

"Oh yes, it is. And you know the reason why we need to kill her!"

How did I become a queen? Yes, I rule the Moonlight Kingdom but not the queen of the whole Light Empire. I'm not royal blooded or anything.

"And you know exactly what will happen to us if we kill her. The whole Dark Empire will fall apart once we killed his mate. If he succeeds in killing Queen Vexana, the throne will fall onto his hands. You know what happened to the crown prince and everyone to their bloodline. He killed every single one of them died in his hands.  He'll kill everyone that gets in his way. Isn't that the reason why we're battling today?"

He? Don't tell me...

×××

3rd Person's POV