Portraits

"Stay still!" Marinette warned for the fourth time in twenty minutes.

"Mari," Luka groaned. "I told you I don't want to be drawn."

"Oh Luka, your handsome face belongs on paper."

Luka blushed but stayed quiet. The pair sat in comfortable silence, the only sound to be heard was the sound of pencil on paper.

After almost an hour, Marinette put her pencil down and looked up at Luka. "Done," She said as she handed the sketchbook to him.

Luka smiled at the page. "It's beautiful," He whispered. And he was right, the drawing was spectacular, just as all of Marinettes pieces were. The girl had captured every feature of Luka's face perfectly. The best part was how even without color, his eyes were still piercing and they had been trained on her the whole time.

Luka smiled at Marinette, the girl who made him feel a million different things just by looking at him.

The blue haired boy stood up, the sketchbook still in his hands, and walked over to Marinettes desk.

"Sit down," He said. "This time, I'll draw you."

Marinette sat down on her bed, "I didn't know you could draw."

Luka grinned sheepishly, "I can't."

When Luka finished drawing, he laughed while cringing before reluctantly handing Marinette the sketchbook.

Marinette took the book and stared at it. It was awful.

Luka rubbed his neck and avoided Marinettes eyes. He was embarrassed. He knew he wasn't an artist but he wanted to impress the girl he was falling in love with, even if she didn't know it.

"It's really bad, I know," Luka said. "You can throw it out."

Marinette shook her head and held the drawing to her chest. No one had ever done something like this for her before. Except maybe Nathaniel... but that was a different story. Marinette loved the drawing and she loved the boy who drew it even more.

"I love it." It wasn't the best drawing in the world, but it was hers and so was he and that made it so much more special.

***********

The drawing Luka had drawn of Marinette hung above her desk, next to the drawing she did of him. His portrait was her favorite thing to look at; it made her happy.

Luka had no idea she had kept it. When he came over the next week, he was surprised to see it hanging above her desk; the place she had informed him was reserved for her most prized pictures.

Marinette was in the bathroom when he noticed it. He stared at it, his heart and face warm. When Marinette entered the room, she went to stand beside him.

"I told you I loved it," Marinette said.

Luka turned to face the shorter girl. He placed both of his hands on the sides of her face and leaned down, kissing her forehead. When he looked down at her, he saw the blush on her cheeks. Her eyes were wide but they were focused on him, awaiting his next move.

Luka leaned down again, his lips positioned in front of hers. Slowly, he moved closer and closer until their lips were barely touching and he whispered, "I love you."

Not a second later, Luka closed the distance as Marinette wrapped her arms around his neck, her fingers threading through his hair.

When the separated, Marinette rested her forehead against Luka's

"I love you too," She whispered. "But maybe you should stick to guitar," She told Luka before she let her lips meet his for another passionate kiss.

***********

A/N: hi i hope you liked my short story. i'll be writing some more in here, they're not connected (unless i say otherwise), it's just a compilation of lukanette fluff <3 if you don't like lukanette, i'm sorry but i adore this ship so if you're looking for adrienetten or something, go look somewhere else🗿