Chapter 68 - The Grammys, A Break In, and The Gender of Baby Jones!

Start from the beginning

"Three drinks, max." I warned.

"Deal. And no afterparty. You can take care of sloppy drunk me instead." He said as we both laughed.

After an hour of driving, we finally got to the red carpet. My heart began to race. There were so many reporters, cameras flashing, fans, and of course celebrities.

"Are you ready?" Luis asked me, as he was about to open the door. I nodded as he opened it. He got out first before turning around and helping me as well. He held my hand as the paparazzi began taking pictures of us.

"And the next celebrity to appear on the red carpet is Luis Jones and his pregnant wife, Nicole Jones!" We began to walk on the across the carpet. Luis answered some interviews and we posed for the paparazzi.

"Luis, you have not released a single song this entire year, and yet you are still nominated for Best Collaboration with Musical Explosion!" A reporter said, as she leaned the mic closer to Luis.

"Yes, that's true. I wanted to focus on my family this year and a little less on music. But, I do have some secret projects and new songs I can't wait to release." He said. I smiled as I heard Luis talk. Although I knew he wanted to say the truth that Platinum record label released him, it was better that he said 'focus on my family' was the reason.

"There's some buzz that you've parted ways with Platinum Records and are now joining forces with Supreme Records. Is that true?" She asked.

Luis hesitated before answering. "It wasn't supposed to released until next week but yes I am confirming it. Platinum Records and I have had some creative conflicts and I think Supreme Records is right for me."

The woman was going to ask more questions, but Luis took me by the hand and walked away, still smiling and waving at all the paparazzi who were constantly taking our pictures.

"Weren't you supposed to keep it under wraps that you were signing with Supreme Records?" I muttered through my teeth as I smiled.

"They already knew, I was just confirming it. What's the worst that could happen?" He whispered as he continued to smile.

He was right, what was the worst that could happen?

***

The award show was good, and to make a long story short, Luis and Musical Explosion ended up winning for Best Collaboration! As they called his name along with Musical Explosion, he jumped up, excitedly. I got up as well and kissed him as he made his way to the stage. Musical Explosion gave their thanks, and then gave the mic to Luis.

"I just want to thank my beautiful wife. She is the inspiration for every song I write and I couldn't have written this song without her. I love you so much.  I wouldn't be half the man I am today without her. Even when obstacles like record labels or contracts tried to stop me, she was there with me. I will be releasing new music, regardless of what any record label has to say. I'll be releasing some new songs soon, so thanks for my fans for staying patient. Thank you again for this award." He said as he and Musical Explosion exited the stage. It was an understatement to say I teared up. 

***

"So Luis, are you going to the afterparty tonight?" Franklin, the lead guitarist of Musical Explosion asked. The award show had just finished and we were exiting the building.

"Nah, I'm going home with my wife." He answered, as he held my hand.

"She can come too." He said. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"She's nine months pregnant. She won't have fun at an afterparty with booze, strippers, and loud music." Luis said.

"Come on. You should celebrate with us! It wouldn't be right to party without you! You wrote the song! We're going to a casino so it won't be too crazy. We need our good luck charm. That's you by the way." He pleaded. Luis shook his head. "Plus, it's on the way back to your place so you can leave in case Mrs. Jones goes into labor." Luis didn't say anything. I felt bad. Did Luis really want to go to the party? I pulled Luis to the side.