Chapter 68 - The Grammys, A Break In, and The Gender of Baby Jones!

Start from the beginning

"But you look so good in the magazine. I wanna see if it's all real." I bit my lip before leaning forward to kiss him longer.

"As much as I'd love to, hair and make up is going to be here shortly. We have an award show to get ready for." He reminded.

"Ugh, fine. You're gonna be mad you didn't take me up on my offer to have sex." I said as I tried to cover the disappointment of not getting a piece of Luis.

"Anyways what I was saying before you tried climbing me like a mountain is: I'm gonna be opening up for Musical Explosion next week. It's one of my old songs but as soon as everything is legally finalized with both record labels and I am officially signed, I'm gonna get to make music." He said, trying to contain his excitement.

"I'm so happy for you." I said. I truly was happy that Luis was happy. Everything seemed to be falling into place. "I'd be a little more happy if we just..." My words trailed off as I seductively stroked his bicep and looked at him.

Then the doorbell rang.

"Ah, perfect timing. Hair and make up is here. Go put your hormones away." He joked as he kissed me and opened the door.

***

5 pm.

"We need to go now. You know how bad LA traffic can get. We should get to the red carpet by 6 pm." I yelled to Luis from downstairs. Surprisingly, I was ready before him. He was upstairs with his glam team while I was downstairs

"I'm almost ready." He yelled back. I had opted for a tight silver maxi dress with gold sparkles. It was an off the shoulder, long sleeved dress that hugged all my curves including my bump. My hair was in a neat bun and the make up artist decided to go for a natural, dewy look. Luis began walking down the stairs, but stopped when he laid eyes on me. "Whoa." He said as he slowly began walking towards me. "You look... magnificent." He said as he touched my baby bump, mesmerized at how I looked.

Luis had on a black tuxedo that made him look so sharp. He opted for his hair to be parted at the side and slightly pushed back. "You look great." I said to him, but he couldn't take his eyes off of me.

"Let's just skip the award show. We can just stay in bed all night." He said as he grabbed me by the waist.

"See, told you you'd regret taking me up on my offer to have sex." I said. "And as much as I want to, you look too great to not show the world." I said to him.

"No, you look too perfect. I don't want to show the world. They'll all be staring at you." He said as he kissed my cheek. He took my hand and we walked together in the car. A black Cadillac was waiting for us out front.

"Didn't you say you were going to drive us?" I asked as he opened the back door for me and helped me in. He hopped in as well.

"Change of plans." He said as he shut the door. The driver began driving us to the award show. Whenever he said "change of plans" that only meant one thing.

"You're planning on drinking aren't you?" I said in an annoyed voice.

"No I'm not. But, I just want to be on the safe side in case I do end up drinking. I don't want to drive you if I'm hammered." He said.

"You shouldn't be getting hammered." I argued.

"Babe, just listen. I thought this was going to be my first year where I wasn't going to get a nomination because of my record label, Platinum Records. Awards and recognition don't matter to me, but it meant that Platinum was the hand and I was their puppet. I need to just prove them wrong, that I don't need them, and that their threats don't scare me. So, if I win, it'll be because of me not making them control my life for the first time." He explained. I couldn't help but cave in.