THREE: I LIKE GIRLS

Start from the beginning

"How long?" He cuts her off, not believing any of her bullshit. He was disgusted, knowing it was just a phase.

"How long?" Eve repeated his question, confused at what the man meant. She didn't want to anger him further, but she didn't know how to answer him.

"How long have you liked girls?" He screams, throwing a plate at her out of pure anger. Eve dodged it quickly, looking at the man like he was mad. To her in that moment he was. His actions were so violent and his voice was so loud. Eve had never heard him with so much emotion before. Years of barely talking and secrets had built up to this. To say she was petrified was an under statement.

"Uh," Eve gulps, "I don't know-"

"How long Evangeline." He repeats. His voice wasn't shouting this time, which in a way worried her more. His tone was like a low growl, like a lion getting ready to pounce on its prey.

"Uh, a year maybe? I don't know." She mumbles, messing with her hands.

There was a silence after her sentence where neither her or her father made a sound. It was the last calm before the storm.

"I cannot believe you would do this." He finally spoke, his voice oddly calm. He didn't sound angry, he sounded upset and disappointed. The fact he sounded like that made Eve angry. She'd never done anything to let him down before.

"It's not a choice-" She argued with him. Finally standing up for herself against him when before she would just sit silently. At that moment her mother walked in, and Eve couldn't tell if that was for better or for worse.

"There's always a choice!" He shouted so loud the neighbours most definitely heard. "How dare you think it is acceptable to live under my house and kiss another girl!"

"Honey calm down," her mother cuts in, putting a hand on her husbands shoulder

"Stay out of this, Melissa!" He shouts at his wife, who quickly retracts her hand, "pack a bag and get out of my sight."

Melissa and Eve share a look as her dad starts to leave. Eve's heart had dropped. He couldn't mean that. He couldn't actually be kicking her out.

"Dad... what?" Eve cries, tears starting to slip from her eyes as her world began to crash around her, "you're not serious."

"Get a bag and fuck off!" He screams, "do not come back until you know what you have done is wrong. Break up with that girl - and realise you like boys!" He says lowly in her face.

"But dad-"

"Do not talk back." He shouts at her face. She looks down, not making a sound - scared to speak. He grabs her shoulders and pushes her back, "go!"

"Brad, stop!" Eve's mom says, not liking the physical attack or verbal attack on Eve. Eve may of done something disgusting in her eyes, but she was still her daughter.

"Dad-" Eve cries.

"Go!" He shouts again, pushing her more and more, she falls backwards before scrambling up and rushing up the stairs to grab a bag. Her dad watching in disgust.

As she went into her room she grabbed some clothes and her purse, which had about fifty dollars in it. She quickly ran into her parents room, pulling out the slab by the door and opening the safe. She knew the safes lock was her dads birthday so quickly unlocked it and grabbed a wad of cash before closing it and putting the wooden slab back in place. She went to her room again, throwing in the money, her key and her toiletries.