7| i am the fairy

Sirius felt a small ball of paper hit the back of his neck in the middle of Biology. He slumped in annoyance then twisted his body round, finding a bored looking Julian behind him with his chin resting on his fist before retrieving the crumpled note.

Can we talk? After English.

With it's curving distinctiveness, Sirius could immediately tell who had written it. He looked up at Julian once more who looked no indifferent.

Sirius' eyebrows furrowed in confusion for two reasons. The first being that a simple message like that could have been sent through text: it's not like anyone really cares. The second reason was because of the vagueness of Julian's strangely ominous question. Sirius turned around and shrugged nonchalantly, nodding.

"Away with the fairies, are we, Mr Black?" snorted the substitute professor, curling his lips in a disgusted manner as he turns away from the whiteboard while twiddling the pen in his hand.

"Sorry, mate, but I am the fairy," Sirius declared as he leant back carelessly in his chair. Shaking the strands of hair out of his eyes, he tried not to grin at the many noises of stifled laughter.

Only Sirius Black would say such a thing.

"What's up with you? Why am I practically pushed up against a great windy tree in the middle of the day? We only ever come here at night." Sirius folded his arms and raised his eyebrows as Julian faltered in exasperation.

"Your nudes have been leaked."

Sirius' heart began to race for a split second, before he forced himself back in to a state of unconcern.

"Fourth time; I don't really care," he drawled, looking down at his perfectly shaped fingernails when Julian opened his mouth in a vile blend of concern, confusion and shock.
"You - you can't be serious here! And you're not even allowed to try and make a pun out of that. Sirius, what the fuck? Your nudes have been leaked for the fourth time," Julian emphasised, "so don't you think it's time to stop? It's not good for you, Sirius. You deserve better."

Sirius grabbed the front of Julian's blazer, pulling him close.

Julian was attractive, no doubt about that. Dark skin, large hands that clasped around Sirius' waist to perfection, warm eyes that comforted just at a single glance: Julian was wonderfully pleasing. He was nice, treated Sirius right and was oddly protective over him. Sirius liked him, just not in the way he thought he should. His heart was rooted on a different path and didn't pound in the rhythm of Julian's name.

Julian felt himself being tugged forward towards the shorter boy, their faces merely inches apart.
"Doesn't work on me, darling," he stated immediately before pushing Sirius away from him. He huffed in annoyance.
"It just happens, alright? Sex is fun. I have nothing better to do."
"But you do! You actually do! Your day is practically bursting; you have no time to think!" Julian grabbed Sirius' shoulders intensely.
"Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe I don't want to think? I fucking hate it all. And you, my friend, are weirdly overprotective-"
"I'm overprotective, Sirius, because I love you platonically and I have a sexual attraction to you and those combined make me want to keep you safe in an intimate way. Do you understand?"

Sirius paused for a second, staring out on to the glassy surface of the Black Lake.

"Not at all."

To be entirely honest, Sirius did'n't spend much time in Gryffindor's common room: he found it much too cramped and boring. Though tonight, he decided that he'd fuck all of his previous sense and focus fully on himself and relaxing. It turned out that it was quite tranquil, warm and clean down there.

That is, you see, until some nameless fifth year decided to shout some abuse from the other end of the room, across the heads of geeky first years playing chest and debating fourth year's bitching about Great Britain's government.

"Just can't keep it in your knickers, can ya, Black?" the girl mocked, laughing as she waved her phone about. Sirius' expression hardened.

"He really can't, can he?"

Sirius rotated himself around on the sofa, meeting the eyes of Marcus Brown, sitting proud at a table against a large arched window.

"It was fucking you, wasn't it?" Sirius hissed as Marcus shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't think it really matters that I sent them. Everyone's seen it. Your dick haunts their nightmares."

James, who was sitting beside Sirius on the soft, red and gold patterned sofa, opened his mouth to shout a scornful reply back, but he was cut off.

"Shut the fuck up, Marcus, you actual beg. He hasn't even done anything to you."

It was Remus, leaning against the bottom of Lily's armchair and holding a large book.

Many first years feigned pulling their attention away from the scene, knowing the rumours about Remus but not being certain how to act during one. Others boldly ogled at the group of seventh years.

"What, Sirius finally got you on his cock too? Thought you were smarter than that, Lupin, honest, I did."

Lily shook her head, fuming. She knew she wasn't the only one ready for a fight.

"Alright, Marcus, I know you're used to being irrelevant, but for the sake of everyone around you, could just make sure everything you say is not?" Remus hardly glanced up from his book as he spoke and Sirius had to stop himself from laughing, though many others didn't care about being discreet.

"Shut up. You know nowt."

"He doesn't need to. Now shut your gob, you've lost," Sirius spat and then immediately turned his gaze back to his phone.

The common slowly filled with noise once more.

remus

You:
hey do you think you can squeeze in another rehearsal before we have lunch

You:
i'm a little busy

remus:
yeah alright

You:
i'm not planning to be fucked or anything btw

remus:
bold of you to think that that's what i assumed

remus:
i might be a late

remus:
i need to ask professor binns for some music

You:
pardon?

remus:
i need a piece composed on the piano for the play

You:
CAN I DO THAT???

You:
PLEASE I HAVE BEEN A GOOD BOY

remus:
lmao okay

remus:
it would probably be better that way

remus:
binns is a right git

You:
can i make a pun

remus:
no

I JUST HAD MY PERFORMANCE WOOOOO. IT WAS LIT (KINDA). I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER ALREADY, HONESTLY. and school's nearly over ouchie. we were supposed to have an end of year bbq tomorrow, but the stupid weather has to be stupid and if it's bad, we're just gonna have to order pizza in to school. i mean, whatever i don't mind. i've had pizza three days in a row tho sooo um #healthy
see you next millennium