Baby Shower

Chapter 12

Mark's P.O.V.

It's 20:35 when we hear Lexie park her car in front of Joe's. Me,Owen,Derek,Jackson,Richard,Alex,Ben,Andrew,Joe,Maggie,Jo,Meredith,Bailey,Christina,Callie,Arizona,Sofia and Little Zola then all went to hide and switched off the lights. All we hear is Lexie calling out to Meredith. She was about to leave when all of the sudden I switch on the light and we all jump up yelling "surprise". It was 10 April and it was Lexie's 28 birthday so we through her a surprise birthday party/baby shower. U then went to her pulled her closer and kissed her. In between kisses I whispered in her ear "Happy birthday Mrs.Sloan." she then kiss me again before walking over to Mer. "Happy Birthday Lex." she smiles at Lexie. "thanks Mer but this wasn't necessary." "oh it was because it's actually a birthday party/baby shower." Lexie then laughs. After a while of talking and opening presents Lexie finally tells every one that we're having baby boy twins. After that she looked at Meredith and put her on the spot. "Mer isn't there something you'd like to share with us?" Meredith then stood closer. "I'm 6 weeks pregnant." she said. After the party me and Lexie went home. "Mark thank you for tonight it was amazing." I smile at her and took out a beer for me and pour lexie some orange juice. We then went to the living room and Lexie sat on my lap as we watched a movie. The movie was half way when I picked up a sleeping Lexie and turned off the TV and went to bed.

I'm standing outside of the hospital on my phone waiting for Julia when Lexie comes out. "Oh hey." she says. "Hey." I greet back and look down on my phone again. "Thanks uh for
today for uh for letting me..." I cut her of. "You did a good job in there." "Uh thanks." I then turn to face her and put my phone away. "You okay?" I ask her. "I love you.Oh Go...Oh my God that just came f...f...flying out of my face.It's some some kind of...I...I love you.I just ugh,did it again." she laughs nervously and I just stood there. "I.I...I...I...I love you.I...I do.I just I...I love you.And I've been trying not to say it.I...I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it.And Jackson is a great guy he...he is.He's gorgeous.And...and he's younger than you.And he doesn't have any grandkids or...or babies with his lesbians bff's and he's an Avery.And he...he likes me.You know.He really likes me.But it was never gonna work out because I,I love you.I am so in love with you.And you're...you're...You're in me,it's...You're like...it's like you're a disease,it's like I'm infected by Mark Sloan.And...And I just...I can't think about anything or anybody,and I can't sleep,I can't breath,I can't eat and I love you.I just,I love you all the time,every minute of every day.And I...I... I...I...I love you.God that,that feels do good to just get it off my chest.I feel so much better.I love you." I look at her. "Mark,p..." just after that Julia came up to us. "Hey Lexie.I thought you said the lobby,are you ready?" Julia asks me I look at her and then at Lexie. She looks at me and Julia with surprise  and then just walks away. The next day me and five other doctors were on a plane you Bois to help twins. The doctors included me,Lexie,Derek,Meredith,Christina and Arizona. We were on the plane when the plane started shaking. I turn to look at Lexie at the back of the plane but she was gone as well as the back of the plane. "Lexie." I woke up in the woods to a screaming Arizona. I then find Meredith and Christina. "Where's Lexie?" I ask them and then we hear a banging. "I have to find Derek." Meredith said. Me and Christina then ran to where the banging came from and I saw Lexie under the wing of the plane. "How are you?" I was on the ground next to her. "I'm great." "Good girl." I smile at her. "We're gonna get you out of here okay." "okay" she whispers. I turn to Christina and ask her to help me lift the plane. "You have relocate my shoulder." she tells me. I put my hands on her shoulder and was about to push when she stopped me. "Wait.Okay go." I then pushed and heard a loud popping noise and Christina started screaming. We then try to lift the plane but it wouldn't budge. "Lexie run it down for me." Christina went down and told her. "My legs and my pelvis are crushed and I can't feel my other arm so I'm not even sure it's there anymore,and,and my chest feels like its going to explode so it's probably a massive hemothorax." I see Christina just sitting there. "Why aren't you doing anything?" I ask her. "She,she knows it won't help." Lexie suddenly says sounding very weak. "No,you are gonna be fine.Stop you're gonna be fine." I tell lexie and I can feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Go get help!" I yell at Christina. She takes my place by Lexie "I'll be right back." she tells Lexie. "You okay." I ask her when I take my place back by her. "Mark" she says. "Christina's,Christina's gonna be back any minute.We're gonna get you stabilized you're gonna be fine." "Mark." she says again. "Any minute okay." I tell her and look around until I finally looked back at her when she said the one thing I feared the most. "Mark I'm,I'm dying." "What no you're not." "Mm...I am.Please tell Meredith..." she says and starts crying. "...tell Meredith that I love her oh and that she was a good sister.Please tell my dad..." I interrupt her."You're not dying. You're gonna be fine." "Hold my hand." "I'm not holding your hand because you're not dying." "Hold my hand." "No you're not dying.Do you hear me?You don't die today." I then stand up and try lifting up the plane again with no success. I then went back down and hold her hand. "I love you." she shakes her head crying. "You don't have to say just because I said it." "I do.I love you I've always been in love with you.I will always be in love with you." she suddenly smiles and says "yeah". "yeah.Which is why you have to stay alive.We...We...We can get married.And you're gonna become an amazing surgeon.And we're gonna have two or three kids." "So...Sofia can have siblings." "Yeah,a sister and two brothers.And..." she nods her head. "That's nice" "We're gonna be happy Lex.You and me we're gonna have the best live you and me.We're gonna be so happy So you can't die okay.You can't die. Because we're supposed to end up together.We're meant to be." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. "Meant to be" she whispered and then she let out her last breath. I close her eyes and whisper "I love you." just then Meredith came closer and started crying.

I woke up struggling to breath. Lexie woke up and rubbed my back. "Mark,Mark it's okay." I then cry and start talking. "She's dead.Lexie is dead." she looks at me confused and put both her hands on my face turning my face to her. "Mark look at me it's me I'm here." I touch her face and then kiss her.

A/N the weird writing is Mark's dream.