Ch. 5

*Monday Afternoon, 4th period P.E*
I fucking hate everything about PE, the attitre, the constant movement, the games, all of it. But today we're running laps,  ew. Gene and I run behind everyone else, as always. Whether it's because we don't want to try or we just suck, it's a coin toss.
"So what did you do last night?"  Gene pants. Hair falling into his face and pretty much every other direction
"I finished another book. It was so good" I say, and he starts to laugh.
"Another bodice ripper?" He winks and I feel my face start to heat up.
"N-No, that's not why-I like them for their camp."
"Hey!" A singsong voice comes from behind us, but we pay no attention to it.
"Haha okay, okay. Don't worry man, no judgement." He smirks
"Hey!!" We turn around and see Kawaii~Chan keeping our pace. I give her a look. "Kawaii~Chan needs to talk to you." She points at me like she's actually partially aware of my existence, Gene and I stop running. Curious to what the little meif'wa has to say.
"Hey, KC. Heard my little bro dumped you for a college hottie, is that true?" Her mouth twitched.
"Kawaii~Chan heard you have a tail, is that true Gene~Kun?"
"Haha yep like a little piggy's."
"Anyways Kawaii~Chan needs to talk to, she needs to talk to Zane~Kun please...alone." She added. What the fuck? Is she suing me about almost killing her? Gene shrugs and walks off but before he's gone from sight, he makes a ripping gesture with his hands. Most likely referring to our conversation minutes ago. Needless to say I flip him off. "Okay, um listen. Kawaii~Chan is very flattered, and she really appreciates it! But it's kinda sorta never gonna happen." What? Is she high? I don't think she realizes that when someone almost hits you with their car, it doesn't exactly mean I love you.
"I'm sorry what?"
"Okay what KC remembers from that kiss is that yeah, it was pretty great. For seventh grade, and it's really nice that you think my eyes resemble the fiery sun...But Dante and I are in a really weird place right now-*noiseless talking*"
I look down and in Kawaii~Chan's hand was the very thing that absolutely no one was supposed to know about. Her letter. Holy shit. God dammit. What in the everlasting fuck? The letters are out. I'm going to pass out. This is all a dream. No. No, a nightmare. This is all a nightmare and it'll all be over soon. I feel myself getting lightheaded. *THUD*
"Ah! Z-Zane! Hello? Can you hear Kawaii~Chan? Hello?! W-Wake up!" I felt myself waking up, but there was the reoccurring vision of that stupid bottle that cost me and Dante our friendship. And that made Kawaii~Chan and I kiss in the first place. Wait, yes! Yes! I'm waking up! Let it be over! Yes!
"GAH!" I shot up and, wait. I'm still at school? On the track? And Kawaii~Chan still has her letter?! That means...oh no.
"Are you okay?" She asks leaning over me.
"What happened?" I look up to the sky, Irene if you're real smite me now so I can join you in the afterlife.
"Zane~Kun fainted." She said. I never really understood why she switches in between 3rd and 1st person. It's odd, but kind of charming.
"Oh, okay." Irene smite me now, we don't have much time or we might have to explain my predicament to her. She gives me a puzzled look, and shakes her head a little.
"Alrighty, give me your hand." I give her my hand and she starts to pull. She is unnaturally strong for such a small meif'wa. I feel my upper body lift from the asphalt. "Aaaand you're up, there you go. Should Kawaii~Chan call somebody get Zane~Kun some water or..."
"No. I'm okay" I say. I must have hit my head hard because I still see KC holding her letter and Aph is coming towards me with hers. Wait, rewind. Oh no. "Oh my Irene." This isn't happening.
"Umm, what? Zane~Kun you're sure that-*noiseless talking*" This is not happening.
"Alright I'm very sorry KC, but I just need your help for one moment."
"What are you, woah! Heyheyheyhey-"I put her hair over her shoulder and pull her into a halfway dip (as we are both still on the ground just sitting up) and kiss her with as much passion as I could give in that moment. I stop kissing for air and see a bewildered Kawaii~Chan, a confused Aphmau, and a very angry P.E teacher.
"Hey! Stop right now! That's two more laps for you Ro'meave!" He had a vein sticking out of his forehead and he was quite rosy in the face. Two more laps? Easy price to pay if that means I get to avoid my brother's ex and a girl I kissed to show that ex I wasn't in love with her. Jeez, what a mess my life has become.
"Thank you, and I'm so sorry." I tell Kawaii~Chan, who's eyes are clouded with shock, confusion, and a slight anger. "So sorry" but I can't run right now, unless it's to the bathroom so I can hide and have a major panic attack about how my most secret possessions are now out and seeing the light of day. That actually sounds like a wonderful idea, so I run towards the building to go hide.
"Z-Zane!" I hear Aph's voice from behind me, and it motivates me to run even faster. I get to the bathroom and lock the door. I immediately collapse and put my head in my hands.
"This has to be a dream...How is this happening god dammit!" I pound on the walls of the tiny box once and slump down again. And I just kind of remain there motionless. Silence, my old friend. I hear somebody's high heels come into the men's bathroom.
"Zane?" A silky smooth voice called. Lucinda.

Word count: 1030 words

A/N I'm going away for the weekend so no chapters for the next two days. Sorry guys! Bye babes ❤️ ~Fae