17: Officially 'Us'

Start from the beginning

"If that guy is angry at you, he probably doesn't realise it himself. You might need to point it out. I hope the two of you make up soon." With that, Iori opened the door and entered the practice room.

During the break, Tenn approached Riku and sat in front of him. "Ne, Riku, are you angry at me?"

Riku placed his oxygen bottle to the side and looked at Tenn with his blank eyes. He paused to think for a bit, and Tenn could not read the boy's expression. "No... I don't think so. Tenn-nii?"

Tenn's eyebrows shrugged. It was probably better to ask Riku straightforwardly. "Then... how do you feel about me?"

"Umm..." Riku went into his thinking posture. "Like I don't want to see Tenn-nii?"

Tenn felt a stab in his heart. Riku did not realise that he had just destroyed Tenn internally. "How do I put it? I really want to hug Tenn-nii but at the same time I don't want to."

Okay, that came out really cute. Tenn was instantly revived. He could not help laughing at his clueless little brother. "You're sulking!" He ruffled Riku's hair. "Silly boy, you don't even know what it is?"

"Waaaah Tenn-nii!" Riku suddenly hugged his twin brother like he had been wanting to do for the longest time. "Still, I'm sorry I told you to quit without asking about how you feel, Riku." Tenn apologised seriously while patting Riku's back. Riku shook his head to indicate it was fine. Tenn turned his head to see Iori who was quietly watching the scene. The TRIGGER centre gave him a wink to say thank you. Looks like the one who gets chocolate is Izumi.

~~

-Two days before Friends Day-

It was the last day for TRIGGER, I6, and Riku to practise together. They agreed to go have ramen together after Friends Day is over. Riku approached Iori once they were done for the day, asking if the boy had some time for him. Iori was about to refuse, saying everyone should be mentally preparing for the event when Yamato interrupted them. "Yea, of course he has time! We are done practising and have a day off tomorrow, right, Ichi?" The green-haired leader took hold of Iori's neck, and yes, you know it by now, he had a smirk on his face. Mitsuki and Nagi gave thumps up to Yamato. Tamaki and Sougo could not help giggling at them.

It was true that Riku did not have many friends because of his upbringing and being overseas with Kujou Takamasa. However, he did meet two people who could tolerate him back in the day, and by a strange coincidence, they were originally from Japan. They were a couple who owned a luxury cafe in the city that offered a private evening tea room. Yes, Riku was taking Iori there without telling him the details.

As soon as Iori stepped into the cafe, he was taken away by the things that sparkled around him. There were gold chandeliers with crystals, a floor covered with soft black carpet, and seats that were made to look like royal carriages. It was clear the food here must be crazy expensive. Why did Riku take him here?

"Rikuuuuuu! UWAAAAAHHHH!" Iori was brought back to reality by a man in butler clothes who dashed from the dessert counter to hug Riku. "It's been so long!! I REALLY missed you!"

Another man in butler clothes, who had waist-long hair, walked forward gracefully. He pulled a man with black and white hair out of the hug. The lecture started. "Momo, Riku-kun is here as a customer. Treat him like one!"

"But, Yuki, darling! We haven't seen him in years. Oh!" A young boy standing beside Riku suddenly caught Momo's interest. Momo checked Iori out from head to toe. "Mmmm, interesting... Riku takes someone else here. This has NEVER happened before!" Momo smirked before that changed into a face full of wonder. "Oh... wait. Don't you look familiar?"