23 - Twenty Three

Chat Noir wasn't even sure about what he was doing anymore, but once he heard what Nathaniel said, he suddenly felt hope. He never even thought about a kiss.

Marinette looked back at him. She stood up and started walking towards Chat Noir again. "Oh would you look at that, your cataclysm has died." She reached over for the ring again. "Say goodbye to being Chat Noir ever again!"

Lila smirked as she watched Marinette pull the ring off of Chat Noir's finger. Chat Noir would have leaned in and kissed her, but he figured that Marinette might probably pull away before he even reached her lips.

"Marinette, you did it!" Lila started walking over towards Marinette, but Marinette stopped her.

"Lila, stay back!" Marinette gritted her teeth. "I got the miraculous, not you!"

Chat Noir had fully de-transformed, and as the girls turned back to look at him, they were shocked at who it was.

"A-Adrien?!" Lila widened her eyes. "Chat Noir is Adrien?! But... But no, how can that be! That's messed up!"

Adrien didn't move. It was all part of his plan. He shut his eyes, and pretended that he was sick, and dying. He coughed a few times, before he finally stopped.

Marinette released the chains from his body, and he fell to the ground.

"Marinette, you can hand over the ring and the earring miraculous now," Lila turned to Marinette again. "You've done a great job, therefore let you'll receive a gift, but now it's time to hand them over."

Marinette turned to Lila. "Don't you get it?!" She held the ring in her palm. "I got this ring, Lila, not you! Don't you see that I've been playing the two of you?!"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Lila shot back. She clenched her fists and started walking towards Marinette.

"This!" Marinette held up the ring for Lila to see, then she brought it to her hand.

"Marinette, you wouldn't dare!" Lila froze at her spot, a look of annoyance, anger and disappointment on her face.

"Oh you bet I would!" Marinette was about to put the ring on when Adrien coughed again. The girls turned their eyes towards him.

Adrien was clutching onto his stomach, as if it was hurting him to much that he couldn't breathe. He knew no matter what kind of heart Marinette had now, she wouldn't leave him alone here.

Marinette grimaced and put on the ring. Then she started walked over to Adrien. "You're right. I should do something about you. I can't leave you here. I have to get you back for everything you did to me!"

Adrien waited, and then he watched as Marinette got close to him. "I'll torture you like you tortured me. Even though you're Adrien, you're still Chat Noir! I never really thought you would be this kind of person, Adrien!" She spat his name out as if it was poison on her tongue.

Lila stood there. She wasn't sure what was happening any more, but there was no way she was leaving without the miraculous.

"Marinette!!" She yelled again, catching the girl's attention. "Give me that miraculous. You don't deserve it at all!"

"You all want the miraculous for selfish needs!" Marinette spat. "If you really wanted it that bad, then why didn't you work for it? Why did you use me to get the miraculous for you? Why didn't you just try on your own?! You're weak, Lila. Without Hawk Moth's help, you're nothing. You're nothing but a tool to him! You can't even fight on your own!"

Lila stood there, watching as Marinette spat words at her. Finally she had had it!

"Marinette, you really messed with the wrong girl!" And she charged after her.

~~~

Whoa. Three chapter in a row. Ah, that's amazing.

Also, this book seems to be coming to an end...