the twelfth

Mark put his phone on the side of his bed and sighed. He brought a hand to his hair and brushed it. Mark looked up at one of the photos in his room and his eyes softened. It was a picture of him and Donghyuck. Of course after their breakup, he hated Donghyuck. But he still had feelings for h, even though he thought he had gotten betrayed.

In the picture, Donghyuck was wearing Mark's glasses and was pouting. Mark remembered how the two were practicing their new choreography, and Donghyuck had taken Mark's glasses off him. Mark said that Donghyuck wasn't looking cute, and so he pouted.

"He looked so cute." Mark smiled to himself, and then remembered what their current situation was like. He groaned as he felt guilt build up inside of him. He had believed Lucas since he had seen the two kiss. Mark didn't know why Lucas had lied to him, but he had forgiven him. There was no point holding a grudge. Especially since Lucas was now engaged to Mark's best friend, Jungwoo.

Mark rolled on his bed and then faced the other wall in his room. He glanced at the pictures of two small boys playing in sand. He smiled sadly at the picture and brushed his hair once again.

The picture was of Mark's late town brother Minhyung. He had died at the young age of 7, whilst they were in Canada. When Mark met Donghyuck, he told him about Minhyung, but never mentioned how he was in fact dead. So when Mark spoke to Donghyuck after all those years, he decided to pretend to be his brother, to see how Donghyuck would act. To be honest, Donghyuck had matured a lot. He was no longer the annoying person he knew. Instead, Donghyuck was a lot more calm and understanding.

"I messed up." Mark pointed out the obvious and buried his face in his hands. "But I can fix this."

Mark got up from his bed and picked his phone up again. He clicked on his most recent chat, which was Donghyuck's and took a deep breath.

"I hope this works."