Don't go breaking my heart

IMPORTANT

The story is being re-edited and changed. This chapter has not been re-edited yet and does not fit the story line of the previous chapters. 

Don't read this chapter until it has been re-edited to fit the previous chapters. 

Titles will be changed to  say "Chapter #- Edited" once they have been edited and fit the story. 

If you are in the middle of reading the story, you can finish reading it but it is being changed and redone to be very different. If you would rather start over and read the new version, it is being updated regularly.

-------

Audrey's POV

The river was cold. So cold as I stood there, not remembering how I got there. I stood in the middle of the flowing river, but suddenly it changed to a large pond, the one Jason led me to in the woods. Still, like before there was a lifeless body, just floating on top of the water.

Slowly, I swam over to the silent young man floating face down in the water. As I stepped closer, my fears rose as I recognized the still body.

"Jason." I shook my head as tears streamed down my face and I turned him over to show the four claw marks Cole had given him in my last dream. His body was so cold and so still. His face was stained with blood and his hair was soiled with the red paste.

As the scene changed I saw the Kaiden's village, everything restored and everyone alive in it. But Jason wasn't there.

"Mama." I felt a small tug on my jeans making me look down to see a small boy. He was so handsome and healthy looking it made me smile. Mama?

I bent down to his level and smiled warmly, "Are you looking for your mama?"

He shook his head side to side quickly and pointed to me.

I opened my mouth to speak but something stopped me. This little boy looked like Cole.

"What's your name?" I asked after a minute.

"Sawyer." he replied looking at me questioningly.

"Ok, how old are you Sawyer?"

"I'm 4." he showed me holding up four fingers. "Why are you asking me so many questions mama?"

My blue eyes. He had my blue eyes. He looks exactly like Cole with my blue eyes.

"Where's your daddy?" I asked quickly, my hope rising.

"You said he's with Mrs. Peyton now." he said starring at me.

"Well.. Where's Mrs. Peyton?"

"....She's with Jesus."

I could feel my heart break as he answered me with a sad face.

I couldn't help but drop to my knees and pull him into a tight hug.

Soon my dream took me to the pack house again. Jason was in my arms, lifeless and cold. Collin slowly stepped over and put his hand on my shoulder, making me look up at him. He gave me a sorrowful look and bent down to take Jason's body. One of the other pack members came over quickly to help him as they carried him into the woods.

Cole's wolf just stood there starring at me, still breathing heavily. I felt hot tears resurface and stream down my face as I hung my head low, trying to hide my face.

Cole's wolf started growling as I slowly stood, but I ignored him. I turned my back to him as my anger started to rise once I realized this was all his fault.