"Damon..." Maya began.

"Decomposition starts in the first twenty four hours. I'm rotting in an unmarked grave because of you," Connor said.

"No!" Maya said backing away.

She ran to the front door, Damon following her.

"Maya!" Damon shouted.

She opened the door and Klaus super-sped to her and took her away.

"Maya!" Damon shouted again before Stefan looked around worried.

Maya was being dragged through the Mikaelson mansion.

"Let go of me, I don't want your help," Maya begged Klaus, fighting his grip.

"Certainly," Klaus said letting her go into the room, "I apologize for the lack of windows; it's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun."

"I'm not gonna kill myself. I would never do that."

"Oh, but you'll want to. I did. Problem is, I'm immortal."

"You went through this?"

"Yes, I did. For fifty-two years, four months, and nine days. I was tormented, in my dreams, my every waking moment, relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time."

"So, you knew that this would happen if Connor died? That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know too?"

"All he knew was that the hunter had to be kept alive. You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love."

"What else does Stefan know?"

"Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?"

"How did you make it stop?" Maya asked before he could leave.

He stopped, without looking at her, and answered, "I didn't. Eventually it just stopped. The hallucinations tend to appear in strange forms."

There was then a knock on the door and Chris opened it, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Clothes, toothbrush," Chris said placing a duffel bag on the bed, "Klaus said you're gonna be here until he figures out where to put you."

"Just...please go away," Maya begged. Chris obeyed and left the room.

"I can't. I'm going to be with you forever, a constant reminder of what you've become. So, tell me, how did it feel to kill me?" Connor said appearing after the door shut.

"It was horrible. It was the worst thing that I've ever done."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Tell the truth."

"I am telling the truth."

"You're lying."

"I'm not lying!" Maya shouted.

"Did you know I had a family? A brother, parents."

"I'm sorry. I'm - I'm really sorry."

"Are you sorry about your father? Alaric? It's your fault they died."

"Don't."

"Your father died when you could have gotten him out of there. And Alaric, well, he died because you wouldn't let him complete his mission and you couldn't protect him. They died because of you. And I'm not going to stop until you've taken your last, miserable breath."