Chapter 1- Goodbye Leaf Village

A warm breeze blows through your hair, lifting it on ends and swirling them around you. You close your eyes and inhale, the smell of cut grass and flowers fills your nose. The summer was about to start and today was your last day at the Konoha Academy.

"I'm going to miss this place." you say to yourself swallowing the lump wanting to form in your throat.

Your parents were offered a better job out of the Leaf Village, and they really needed the money so this was an offer they couldn't refuse. You wanted what was best for them so you lied and said you were excited. But in reality, you didn't want to leave all your friends behind. Your father is from the village hidden in the sand and your mom from the leaf. So there was a lot of back and forth travels.

Staring up at your soon to be old school, a smile etched on to your lips. Beautiful memories flood your mind and your heart aches at the idea of leaving them behind.

"(Y/N)!"

Your thoughts are broken to the familiar voice screaming your name. You turn around to see Naruto running towards you full speed. His blonde hair pushed back and his eye shining the bright blue they always did.

"Watch out you're going to-"

"Wah!!" He trips over his own foot and topples over in front of you.

"Trip." You finished your sentence while looking down at him with a side smile and a shake of the head.

"Heh-heh." He laughs awkwardly and huffs his hair out of his face. You help him up and he dusts  himself off. "Come on, let's get to class!" He grabs your hand and pulls you forward towards the entrance of the school.

You watch his excitement bubble as he pulls you down the hall.

"Since when was he so excited about school? " You ask yourself.

Shaking your head, you brush it off as nothing and continue to let him pull you along. Once you got close to your class he sped up.

"Since when did you care abou-"

Naruto slides the door open and-

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!"

A cheer comes from within the classroom as Naruto joins the rest of your shared classmates. Streamers and confetti flew in the air and you close your eyes for a moment then open them to see your friends.

"W-what?" You look around.

All your friends wore party hats and balloons decorated the windows and floor. A long banner was hung on the wall with colorful hand prints and 'We're going to miss you (Y/N)!' written hastily across it. Your teacher Kakashi Hatake was holding a cake and Sakura and Ino held up pom-poms.

"I don't understand." You say still taking it all in.

"It was Naruto's Idea!" Ino says as she hugs your arm. "He wanted to throw you a farewell party for you and we all pitched in!!"

"For once, that nitwit had a good idea." Sakura laughs.

"Aww guys!!!" You cried and jump-hug the two of them. "Thank you!" You turn towards Naruto and tackle him placing a big dramatic kiss on the cheek. "Muah!" You exaggerate the sound.

"H-HEY!!" Naruto pushes you away and turns bright red. The class erupts into laughter including Mr. Personality, Sasuke, who chuckles quietly to himself.

"Well, who wants cake!" Kakashi asks and everyone cheers.

"Hold up guys." You take out your camera that you always kept at your desk and set a timer on it, there was no way you were leaving without making a few memories. "Okay!"