18 | Inevitable

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh, nice, the answer to all of our problems. A frat party: douche central. Which is why, you'll be eating very well tonight."

"So, what should we go as? Victims or killers?"

After a short amount of time they chose their costumes and made their way to the party.

"Hey. I'm Frankie, unassuming serial killer."

"I'm Jack. And these are the three lovely ladies I just...rippered," Damon said.

"Welcome to the Murder House, Bloody Mary's are free until midnight. Enjoy yourselves."

"Well hats off to these idiots," Damon said looking around, "Oh look, Professor Creepy."

"His name is Professor Shane. And he's not creepy," Bonnie said making eye contact with him and handing Elena his drink, "I'm gonna go talk to him."

"You do that," Damon said.

"I'm going to go with her," Maya said putting her drink down.

"Why?"

"I can't explain it, there is just something about him. Also, the theme of the party is murder house and he came as himself, we don't need Bonnie being his next victim," Maya said before walking after Bonnie.

They make their way toward Professor Shane and he smiles at Bonnie.

"Nice to see you again. If you want, I can bring you to my office now?" he spoke to Bonnie as though Maya wasn't even there.

"I would like that," Bonnie said smiling back.

"I will be coming, hope that won't be a problem," Maya said interrupting their gazing.

Professor Shane looked at Maya with a puzzled look before slowly nodding, "No, that won't be a problem at all."

They made their way to his office in no time at all, he closed the door behind them.

"I put your grandmother's stuff around here somewhere. There were a couple of family photos and a first edition Stephen King. Did you know she liked Cujo?" he asked Bonnie.

"This is amazing. It's all the stuff you picked up on your travels?" Bonnie said as she looked around the room at everything that was there.

"Yeah, I, uh, I do this thing, it's like a one man traveling occult exhibit to small towns. It funds my crazy Indiana Jones adventures."

"Do you practice?" the professor asked handing her some books and pictures. "Like she did? I'm a true believer, just don't tell anyone."

"No, I - I don't practice. Not anymore. I lost control of myself and there were consequences."

"Yeah, witches love their consequences, don't they? You know, there are other ways to practice magic. If you're interested."

"Are you...?"

"No. No, no, no. I'm just - uh- I'm just a guy with a very open mind who's seen a lot of things and I'm willing to pass some of them along. If you're up for it."

"Another way to practice? I think if you piss off the witches, finding a loophole out of their punishment is not a good idea," Maya interrupted.

"And what would you know about the witches?" Professor Shane asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Enough to know that whatever 'practice' you are referring to is not a good kind. I also know enough to see that you are a liar," Maya said stepping closer to him.

"Maya..." Bonnie began.

Professor Shane also stepped closer and towered over her, "You know that's bold of you, to blatantly call me a liar when you have no idea how dangerous I am."

"Am I supposed to be scared of a powerless human?"

"You should be."

"Is that a threat?"

"You tell me."

"Maya, calm down," Bonnie said as the lights in the room began to flicker and the tables started to shake, "let's just go."

"What are you?" he asked looking down at her in curiosity.

"Your worst nightmare," Maya said before she muttered a spell under her breath causing him to fly across the room.

Bonnie grabbed Maya's arm and pulled her out as she whispered a quick apology to the professor who laid injured on the floor.

"What was that?" Bonnie asked still gripping Maya's arm.

Maya yanked her arm away, "I told you there was something off about him and you chose to ignore me. We have researched and researched ways to get your powers back and found nothing and suddenly he has a solution? You can't do it Bonnie, it won't end well."

"You can't stop me."

"I'm not going to stop you. But if you do this, I can't be friends with you anymore. If you don't trust me enough to see that there is something wrong with him, or just trust me we aren't really friends."

"Fine."

"That's it? 'Fine'?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Good to know how much this friendship mattered to you, Bonnie," Maya said before heading back to the party.

Maya and Bonnie enter the room to find Damon and Elena dancing with each other. Bonnie shot her usual judgmental stare their way.

"Oh my God," Elena said realizing what had happened.

Damon tried to calm her down but ultimately failed. She pulled away and walked over to Bonnie and Maya.

"I've got to get out of here," she said walking past them. Bonnie stayed put and continued to stare at Damon who was still dancing.

Maya immediately went after Elena and Bonnie trailed behind.

Elena made her way across the lawn, wiping the blood off her face, she turned around and looked at Maya and Bonnie.

"Who am I? Why am I acting like this?" Elena asked on the verge of tears.

"It isn't your fault, you are still learning. This will get easier," Maya said, placing her hand on Elena's shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

"Because you listened to Damon and Damon makes everything he wants sound like a good idea," Bonnie commented, only making the situation worse.

"For once in your life, Bonnie, keep your mouth shut. You don't get what it's like, so please, take your judgmental glares and comments and wait in the car."

Bonnie looked taken aback as Elena continued rambling.

"I should be here with Stefan. I shouldn't be here with him. I should be going through all this with Stefan."

Damon cleared his throat from behind Bonnie. "Guessing we should hit the road."

Bonnie walks over to Damon, "You were supposed to help her and you let her get completely out of control."

"She's not out of control. She was having fun."

"This isn't fun. She's acting like a different person."

"She is a different person. She's a vampire. We're a predatory species. We enjoy the hunt, the feed, and the kill. When the guilt gets too bad we switch off our humanity and we revel in it."

"Is that what you want? Her to be like you?"

"Enough!" Maya shouted growing tired of the unnecessary back and forth.

The three turned to Maya all looking shocked for different reasons.

"Damon, you messed up. You may have been trying to help but you did it the wrong way. Elena, it doesn't matter who you're here with, Stefan wouldn't have been able to teach you control, he doesn't even have that himself. And Bonnie. Elena is a vampire, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, she is a different person now. Stop being so narrow-minded and accept that," Maya said before walking in the opposite direction of the car.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked.

"I'm running home," Maya said not looking back at the three before vamp speeding off.