17 | Can't Blame A Girl For Trying

Start from the beginning

"There are too many options, how is a person supposed to pick just one?" Klaus said looking up at Maya.

She laughed at this before reaching in and grabbing a container, "Plain Vanilla is fine."

"Out of all of the options you chose the most basic?"

"What can I say? Vanilla is super underrated."

After grabbing a few more things they checked out and left.

"Who was that on the phone?" Klaus finally asked as they began the drive back to the Lockwood mansion.

"I'm surprised you didn't listen in."

"Everyone is entitled to privacy."

Maya looked at him for a moment before answering, "It was just my doctor scheduling another appointment."

"I assume the doctor is aware of your...condition?"

"Yeah, she is."

Maya pulled into the driveway and saw Caroline's car.

"Go around the back," Maya said, "Find Hayley or something, entertain yourself, only don't kill her."

"Why?" he asked getting out of the car.

"Because I said so, now go, before I make you."

He held his hands up in mock surrender before vamp speeding to the back.

Maya entered the house, groceries in hand, to find Caroline and Tyler kissing.

"Ew, get a room," Maya joked.

"What's with all the testosterone?" Caroline asked looking around the room.

"Hybrids. I'm on house arrest," Tyler said vaguely.

"Says who? Your mom?" Caroline said lowering her voice, "Come on, let's sneak out."

"Not my mom, Caroline."

Caroline furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before relization took over, "You're kidding me. Klaus?"

"Speaking of," Tyler said turning to Maya, "Where is he?"

"I don't know, I think he's talking to Hayley, I sent him around the back when I saw that Caroline was here."

"Who's Hayley?" Caroline asked, mostly to Tyler.

"You should go to the party. I'll be fine here," Tyler said, ignoring the question.

"But, I'd rather hang with you."

"Trust me, I am no fun right now," Tyler said before Caroline left with a huff.

"You didn't tell her?!?" Maya practically shouted at her idiotic brother once Caroline was out of ear shot.

They made there way to the office as Tyler tried to explain. "The time was never right and by the time it was, there was no point. It didn't mean anything and..." Tyler explained but trailed off once he entered the office.

"And what? What lame excuse are you come up with this time? You know Caroline, she will start to think it's something that it's not," Maya said as she joined him in the room and saw Klaus sitting at the desk with his feet up, a smirk plastered on his face.

"She's quite fetching, that Hayley."

"Where is she?" Tyler said unamused.

"Oh, she had to run, but don't worry, I had her take the back door so Caroline wouldn't see."

"Whatever you think you know..." Tyler said taking a step closer.

"I don't know anything, but I've put together a pretty convincing picture, Why don't you tell me where my imagination deviates from reality?" Klaus said with a smug look before standing up and walking toward Tyler, circling around him as he spoke, "You went off to the Appalachians to break my sire-bond. There, you met a pack of werewolves, begged them for help. Among them was a girl. She was gorgeous, with the same animal instincts as you. Emotions ran high, inhibitions ran low-"