IV: Afternoon Tea

PRINCESS ASTRID

Napamulat ako dahil sa sinag ng araw na nagmumula sa aking bintana, wait, hindi ganyan ang bintana ko, pinagmasdan ko ang aking kapaligiran at napatikwas ng malaman ko na lumipat na pala ako sa Main Palace. "Good morning, Princess" bati sa akin ni Matilda habang nakangiti. Kinusot ko ang aking mga mata at tuluyan na ring bumangon mula sa aking pagkakahiga. 

Pagtapos akong ayusan ni Matilda ay lumabas na kami upang kumain ng agahan sa hapag-kainan, the table was long and it feels lonely eating alone habang nakabantay ang mga maids at butler sa side. Butler Mcflare prepared my breakfast and my morning milk, pagkatapos, ay dahan-dahan din siyang dumistino sa kanyang lugar. 

Nakakawalan ng ganang kumain mabuti pa nung nasa Manor ako besides, nakakahiyang kumain habang pinaliligiran ka nang mga maids at butlers. The food was great, it's better than the food in Manor. They also provided me some desserts which tasted like clouds. After I ate, I wiped the sides of my lips with a cloth. "Thank you for the food" I smiled while saying those words and didn't expect them to react but I saw them smiled a little. 

We eventually went back to my room and I grabbed some books, notes, and pencils. " Princess, why don't we have a morning walk? you shouldn't just stay in your room, it's not healthy for you" Matilda suggested, " Ok, but can I bring this please?" kailangan ko pang magpacute para lang payagan niya akong dalhin ito, napabuntung-hininga na lamang siya because she couldn't refuse me. 

We went out and headed to the garden, I held the book by my chest at si Matilda naman ang may hawak ng notes at pencils ko. The garden was splendid, it's filled with different kinds of flowers. What a lovely place. We eventually saw furniture in the center of the garden. Since no one is here, we decided to stay. 

I opened my book and Matilda handed me my notes and pencils for me to study. This time ang inaaral ko naman ay Physics, madali lang ito nung nabubuhay pa ako but in this era some of the theories and facts are still not published. I decided to write some formulas that are still not discovered in this era. Matilda is always curious about what I am working because she can't understand it, it seems foreign to her. 

While I was studying a group of women came, I didn't bother to look at them because I was busy but suddenly this woman right there was spouting some nonsense. " Oh my, this must be the princess?, I didn't know she's disrespectful" I glanced at her direction and looked at her from head to toe. She's indeed a beautiful lady but if I recall this must be one of my father's concubines. Ah, right, it's her, the woman who's madly in love with my father but he couldn't even remember who she was. It's Lady Margaret Carter from the House of Carter. A noble young lady. She's the one whose being disrespectful I'm the princess. 

Matilda quickly bowed to that woman and paid her respect " Your Grace, Lady Margaret"  So, I also stood up and elegantly paid my respect. She thinks too highly of herself, she's not even the queen. She sat down to my seat and looked at what I was working on earlier. Lady Margaret Carter, she was supposedly the Queen but unfortunately, my father never paid attention to her. Besides, she was kinda dumb and spoiled. "Let's be friends, your Highness" saad niya sa akin habang nakangiti na para bang walang nangyari. 

"What is this, your Highness?" she laughed while holding the paper, the heck does she even know that?. She must have thought that it was just scribbled I made for fun "It's my discovery from what I have learned, Do you perhaps know that book, Lady Margaret?" I smiled while saying those words, she was taken aback a little bit. " Yes, I do" maidiin niyang saad na may pag-aalangan, hmm caught you. "If you know, shall I ask you a simple question, Aristotle is considered the father of Science but what are his mistakes in the history of Physics?" I smiled while giving her a simple question, anyone can even answer that.