Chapter 5: Rescue Mission and Cousins Reunited

"I would," Chloe said.

Artemis flashed next to Percy and leaned against him. Apollo narrowed his eyes at the two.

Chapter 5: Rescue Mission and Cousin Reunited

Percy appeared in the edge of a forest in Saratoga Springs, Utah.

Athena paled. She had a daughter in Saratoga Springs.

Percy looked around before making his way into the city. He was slightly apprehensive about this mission. Hestia had seemed angry when giving him the mission. She had even encouraged Percy to take his time when he dealt with the mortal, which is not something he had ever heard from the kind-hearted Goddess of the Hearth. He knew whatever it was he would find was not going to be pleasant. He just prayed there wouldn't be any kind of sexual abuse.

Chloe paused for a second to get herself to stop shaking. She knew Percy would rescue her before something bad happened.

He had trouble controlling his rage when he saw evidence of that. Percy began to pick up the pace as he looked for Turner Street.

"No, not her," Athena mumbled.

He wanted to get the girl out of there as fast as possible. Finally he saw Turner Street and quickly located the house he was looking for.

He found the number house he wanted as he looked around it for any signs of danger. The house was large but not well kept. It looked like it had been nice not long ago but been neglected over the past few years. As Percy walked up to the house, he noticed the beer bottles that littered the porch of the house.

Chloe started shaking a little as she read. She kept reading wanting to get it over with.

"Chloe! Chloe where are you? Where are you hiding you little brat?" A male voice yelled from inside the house.

"Leave her alone!" Athena screamed tears running down her cheeks.

Chloe stopped reading all together not able to continue. She still had nightmares about the beatings and tortures. Nightmares of what might of happened if Percy didn't get there. Athena flashed to her daughter holding her tightly. Artemis took the book and continued reading.

Percy scowled, it was noon and it was clear the man was already drunk from his slurred speech. Percy saw a small shadow run across the window in front of the porch. Percy could see a larger shadow slinking its way in the same direction. Percy's face contorted into one of anger. As the larger shadow neared the door, Percy walked up and kicked the door in, catching the unsuspecting man in the face with the door.

"Make him burn in the Fields of Punishment so that he may beg for Tartarus," Athena growled.

Hades nodded. He would make this man suffer and plead for Tartarus.

Percy stepped into the house were the man was holding his broken nose in shock as he looked at Percy enraged.

"Yes, finally some violence!" Ares cheered.

"Who the fuck are you? Get the fuck out of my house!" The man yelled as he got up and charged toward Percy.

Hera growled, "Get him Percy."

The man took at wild swing at Percy, aiming for his face. But Percy just moved to the side and shoved the man roughly to the floor. A soft whimper in the corner of the room drew Percy's attention. A small girl with blonde hair and grey eyes looked up at him with fear evident on her face.