Chapter 4

~Teresa's POV~

Every since that incident when Colson kissed me we lost touch and Slim and Colson got famous and Colson now goes by Machine Gun Kelly. Me and Slim still keep in touch with each other. My 21st birthday is coming up and they have a show on my birthday that I want to go to but I don't have the money for it so I'm gonna miss the show. My parents came home one week before my 21st birthday. I've been working at Chipotle for awhile to afford everything I need. I was getting ready for work when my phone rang. I looked at it. It was a FaceTime call from Slim. I answered it.

"Hey sis."

"Hey bro. How is the tour going?"

"It's going great. We love the crowds. I just wish you could be here with us."

"Me too but I have to work and take care of stuff. I wish I could be there but you know how living in Cleveland is."

"Yea. I never thought I could make it big living there."

"But you did and I'm so proud of you and everyone."

"Thank you."

"Of course bro."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm getting ready for work."

"You still working at Chipotle?"

"Yea I have to my parents can't afford most stuff so I have to work to afford it. I'm also saving up to buy my own car. I almost have enough money."

"Ok well you got this and I'm gonna call you tonight. I have to get ready for our show."

"Ok love you."

"Love you too."

He hung up and I finished getting ready for work. I put my hair up and put on my work hat and I grabbed my coat and bag. I shut my light off and walked downstairs.

"Alright guys. Mandy is here to pick me up for work. I'm leaving!"

"Love you sweetheart!"

"Love you too!" I grabbed my house key and I walked out the house and got in Mandy's car.

"Ready?"

"Yea. Let's go spend another day in this hell hole." We looked at each other and laughed. She pulled out my driveway and headed to work. We got there and she pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off. We got out and headed into work. We went behind the counter and clocked in. I set my coat and bag behind the counter. I was the cashier and Mandy was on the line. There was rarely any customers so I was on my phone scrolling through Instagram when I came across a photo Colson posted on his Instagram page.

 There was rarely any customers so I was on my phone scrolling through Instagram when I came across a photo Colson posted on his Instagram page

I liked the picture and then the door bell dinged indicating that a customer was coming in. I shut my phone off and set it down. I took care of the customer and they moved down the line. I turned my phone on and unlocked it. I clicked on Colson's profile and I turned on his post and live videos so I get notifications every time he post or goes live. I know I shouldn't be doing this because it hurts me knowing I messed up big time and I'm the reason we lost contact but I just can't help it.