Chapter 2

ROSE

    I walk into my English class and stop at the door, appalled by the sight of the huge classroom.
My mouth is agape as I take it all in. My very first Harvard class.
I'm really here.
I grin and take a seat near the front of the class. I need to make a good first impression.
I set my books and supplies out on the desk and sit up straight, interlacing my fingers. I check my watch to see that I have 5 minutes until the professor shows up and starts the class.
I breathe out heavily, somewhat nervous. I mean of course I should be nervous, this is Harvard.
My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of girls giggling behind me.
I look behind me to see- What the hell?
Three girls are throwing themselves on top of a guy's lap, each one trying their best to gain his attention. Two blondes and a brunette, all trying to take their place on top of this dark haired guy's lap.
A smirk evident on his face.
Well he's enjoying himself.
"Ladies, ladies, please." His deep voice rumbles. His voice stopping them from tearing the other's hair out. "We can all take this back to my place after class." He smiles.
They all giggle giddily. That sound is getting on my nerves.
I scrunch my face up in disgust. Is no one else hearing this guy offering to have a foursome?
Then his deep green eyes lock with mine, and for a moment I don't look away, or I can't look away. At least until his sinister, seducing grin appears. I quickly look away.
What was that?
The professor enters.

***

Class was actually very boring. Professor Hilton wasn't a very exciting teacher. Not a very welcoming one either. But I think I made a good first impression. I rose my hand and answered every single question he threw at me. I smirk at the thought.
I was on my way to the library when I feel a big, rough hand touch the small of my back gently.
I look up and my smiles falls. It's him. The cocky guy from my English class.
He's wearing an award winning smile I bet he uses to win over all the girls. Well not me.
"Hey." His deep voice practically moves my insides, I nearly close my eyes at the sensation.
"Can I help you?" I raise my eyebrow as I continue walking.
He chuckles, and runs his hand through his perfectly groomed hair.
Oh god, he's hot.
Wait what?
"No not really, but I'm sure we could help eachother out." He smiles. His green eyes moving to my lips.
I stop walking and spin to face him and scrunch my eyebrows together. "Oh? I'm sorry who are you?" I tilt my head. Playing dumb.
I know where this is going, and I know what he means by "help each other" already, but let's play this out a little.
He squints his eyes. A little taken aback, obviously not used to meeting a girl who doesn't fall to her knees in front of him and begs him to fuck her. Just a guess.
"Ace Carter?" He draws out, as if I should already know him. Obviously expecting a look of recognition to pop on my face but is quickly disappointed when I don't give one.
"Nice to meet you but I have somewhere to be." I whip my long black hair in his face as I turn and continue to the library.
He jogs up beside me and touches my elbow, and it's like a jolt of electricity runs through me.
"Hey I'm sorry, I just thought maybe you wanted to come to my party tonight? Celebrating back to school, you know?" He strides beside me.
"No thank you." I reply.
He chuckles and grabs my elbow to stop me. "Hey come on, it'll be fun. And plus, freshman should get to know everyone."
"What exactly are you getting at?" I ask, not breaking eye contact. His eyes showing that he's very amused.
He plasters that perfect smile back on his face, "Well I saw you looking at me in class, so I thought-."
"That I wanna sleep with you?" I finish for him.
I plaster my own close-lipped smile on my face and tilt my head, "Sorry but you thought wrong." I turn and continue my walk to the library.
I hear him laugh behind me.
God, even his laugh is perfect.