" Jonah is gonna love these," Alex chuckled as he tugged his phone back in his pocket.

I grinned from ear to ear as I picked up my cup and finally sipped the sweet chocolate substance.

" How are things with you and Matty?" he asked, blowing into his own cup to cool the hot liquid.

" Like love wise or addiction wise?" I asked, holding the mug firmly between my hands in the hopes of warming them up.

" Both," he clarified, leaning back and raising a brow.

---

Matty's POV.

" Turn down the treble a little, will you?" I asked, pointing towards the screen in front of George. 

We had been adjusting the last small details on the album in the studio for the last three hours or so, and at this point, it was just straight up nitpicking. No one could tell the difference anymore.

I leaned back in my chair and scrolled through my phone with a heavy sigh. Normally I was thrilled to be doing this, but I was tired, I needed a smoke and now that I was back in the studio I could suddenly hear Rosie's father's voice in my head. It had been a messed up day when we visited her family. I had felt incredibly out of place but also incredibly guilty after meeting her brother.

I shook my head, trying to avoid my stream of thoughts and turned my attention back to my phone. Alex had posted two pictures of him and Rosie. I assumed, she had taken her time off from us to go and hang out with him. Not that I minded. I was over and done with being jealous of him, even though the way he held her in the first picture made me question his alleged homosexuality. 

I double tapped and continued scrolling, but nothing really seemed to catch my attention.

" Mate, are you even listening?" George said, hitting my foot which rested on the table beside his computer.

" What?" I glanced up from my phone and tugged it back in my pocket.

" How do you want the guitars layered? Which one in the front and which in the back?" He asked.

Honestly, I was rather annoyed that I was the one having to make these decisions. George, Ross and Adam where more than capable of thinking for themselves, but then again, they were probably just as aware as myself, that I would most likely change everything they did anyway. 

" Just put Adam's guitar as the lead," I decided as the door swung open.

I rolled my eyes. The record label had hired this girl Jane as our "assistant", whom we knew from our teenage years. She was good looking with her long blonde hair and big boobs, not gonna lie, but she was also incredibly annoying.

" You guys hungry? I'll go and grab you something," she asked, bending down beside my chair to pick up her purse. Her boobs almost fell out of her top in the process. I swear she did it on purpose.

" Please," George moved his eyes, from where they had previously been locked on his screen, to look at her, or rather her boobs. " I'm starving."

" What would you like?" she asked with a chuckle and smiled innocently at George. I swear they were probably shaggin.

I didn't even know why we needed an assistant, or why it had to be her, and I hadn't really been listening when it was explained to me. Something about, how it was good to have an assistant that already knew you. Which, to me, sounded absolutely fucking stupid. 

The only acquaintance she had with us was because of the fact that she used to shag about with us about a year ago, or so. It was back when we had just moved to London.