Chapter 15 - Feelings

It is Thursday, January 4th 2019.
Maya and Megan are leaving tomorrow and that's something Maya doesn't actually want.
She wanted to stay longer and no matter what she says to herself she won't ever be able to move on.
Riley went to school in the morning and the girls are alone.
They thought that packing would keep them busy but while that was happening a photo fell out of Maya's purse. 👇

Yet another one of her and Josh

She can't stop thinking of him and even though nothing ever happened between them she knew how she felt.

"When was that taken?" Megan asked.
"When I was thirteen. It was a game night," Maya said and put the photo back.
"Has anything happened?" Megan asked.
"No and nothing ever will. Josh always said I'm too young."
"Like the song you sang on New Years Eve?" Megan asked.
"Everything about that song is about me and Josh. All my music actually," Maya said and smiled.
"I used to imagine that we are getting married. Of course it was just my imagination and even though I still dream about it every now and then I know that it can't ever happen. I did like him once and maybe I still do. But that is something of the past. How late do your parents want to drive?" Maya asked.
"Midnight," Megan said and Maya texted the group.

'Leaving at midnight. Let's have another visit at the bakery at eight.'

She sended it and seconds after Josh replied saying he'll meet her there.
She had to stop tears but she knew that nothing was going to be the same anymore.
It would just be impossible.