The dissaperance of Andrew Gosden

Andrew Gosden was a 14 year old boy who disappeared from Doncaster South Yorkshire on September 14, 2007 after buying a one way ticket to London. After boarding the train he was never seen again.

Let's go into his background to learn more about Andrew Gosden.

Andrew Gosden was son of Kevin and Glenys Gosden, both Christians but had not baptized their children.

Prior to his disappearance, Andrew had not been to church for 18 months.
He had been a Cub Scout but told his father that he would no longer involve himself with the group a few months before his disappearance.

His family described him as a "home bird" who rarely left the house and never without saying where he was going.

In his school life, Andrew was a gifted student with a 100% attendance record at the McAuley Catholic High School.

He was on the Young Gifted and Talented Program, he also had straight A's in his GCSE examinations.

He was described as a prize-winning mathematician who seemed destined for Cambridge. Also described as having a neutral attitude about school. He tends to reveal little about his school life to his parents.

He was also described as being happy with his own company, but was not a loner as he had his own small group of like-minded friends.
Andrew did not socialize with his friends outside of school.

Andrew exhibited no signs of depression and there were no indications that he had no subjected to bullying.

During the 2007 school summer holidays, Gosden's parents had suggested that he travel alone to London to stay with his grandmother but he did not wish to go.

At the time of his disappearance, Gosden was eight days into the new school year after returning from the summer holiday days.
Leading up to his disappearance, Gosden, twice, chose to break his normal routine; he walked him from school rather than taking the bus.

One the morning of his disappearance, Gosden had difficulty waking up and seemed particularly irritable. His mother has stated that this was unusual as he was normally awake on time.

Gosden left the house at 8:05am but instead of taking the school bus, he diverted his route and waited in a local park until the rest of the household had left for the day. He was witnessed sitting on a bench in the park by family friend, Rev. Alan Murray.

Andrew was then captured on a neighbor CCTV system returning home. Placed his uniform in the washing machine and blazer on the back of his chair, changed into casual clothes, consisting of a black Slipknot T-shirt and black jeans and tuck a bag embellished with various patches of rocks and metal bands.
Gosden took his wallet, keys and a PlayStation portable console.

At 8:30, Gosden departed from the house and was seen heading down Littlemoor Lane, towards Westfield Park on a neighbours CCTV. He walked to a cash machine at a local garage and withdrew £200 from his bank account.
He walked to Doncaster railway station and purchased a one-way ticket to London before boarding the 9:35 am train to King's cross station.

CCTV showed Gosden leaving the main entrance of Kong's cross station at 11:25 am on September 14, 2007, That was the last confirmed sightings of him.

Now that we know how he disappeared, let's go into the theories.

1st theory: Gosden decided to take in some of the sights. Andrew enjoy visiting London museums and exhibitions. He also enjoy visiting family in London.

2nd theory: According to Kevin Gosden, his son probably travel to London to go to the 2007 YouTube gathering but there is no evidence that he went there.

3rd theory: the family check the bands playing around the time, metal bands played around like Thirty seconds to Mars played the Brixton Academy and SikTh played a reschedule farewell show at the Carling Academy. Although Andrew was a fan of similar metal bands, there is no evidence that he attended these shows or liked these bands.
His family believe that Andrew could have gone to London to attend a show by a band that he was known to be a fan of.

Finnish band HIM did a promotional signing at the HMV store on Oxford Street on Monday 17 September 2007, and performed an invitation-only show the same evening at the Borderline venue in Soho.
The only way to get into this show was by completing various contests and giveaways. This lead was investigated by the family with help from HIM, but it did not produce any meaningful leads.

4th theory: Gosden's father believe that the reason for Andrew's disappearance is that Gosden might have gone to London to do something for which he felt it was easier to seek forgiveness rather than permission.

On the first anniversary of Gosden's disappearance reported that, at that time, 122 possible sightings had been reported from all over Britain - with 45 from London and 11 from Brighton.

But still to this day, no one knows what happened to Andrew Gosden.
The family try to find him with the police, the media.

The disappearance of Andrew Gosden remains..

Unsolved