Two

Rianna had taken up a job while she was staying with me since bills still needed to be paid. The fires had guttered the whole street and I was thankful for the police pulling strings and hooking us up with this house rent free but we still had to buy groceries and pay utilites. Plus, we didn't get to have the inheritance until I was eighteen so we were in the process of being able to get hold of it.

I was sure Rianna was waiting to get that all sorted before she left but at least she would be able to pay off her student loans and stuff which was good.

I go to the fridge and grab a bottle of water and see a caserole dish with a note.

Ill be home by 6, put this in the oven at 5.30 love RiRi x

I looked at the clock. It was four thirty five. I set an alarm on my phone because knowing me, I'd forget about the casserole.

A knock sounds at the door. For a moment, I'm frozen. I wasn't expecting anyone. Dean and I had hung out already and he doesnt knock so it's definitely not him. Slowly, I head for the door and open it .

All I see is green and I automatically shut the door. There wasn't even any thought because in my head, I wanted to ask what the fuck is up but my body took over, tingling completely in fear.  The door doesnt shut though. It's pushed open and I turn to run for the kitchen but I'm grabbed and pulled back into the attacker. I open my mouth to scream and a hand clamps over it.

'I don't want to hurt you but I will' the voice was deep and husky and foreign. English of some sort.

I could feel my chest rise and fall but I stop fighting. If I was going to die then I was ready for it.

Suddenly, I'm spun around and pinned against the kitchen wall, the hand only moving for mere miliseconds to adjust.

I come face to face and my eyes widen. It was him. Those beautiful green eyes - I'd recognise them anywhere. 'Don't scream and don't run' he warns.

He had already proven that I wasn't able to outrun him so after a long moment, I nod. He lets go of me and takes a step back but he's still on guard.

'You missed' I tell him.

'Oh, I didn't miss' he laughs 'If I want you dead, you'll be dead'

'Then why?' I frown 'You and your buddy killed my family, my whole street'

'Did you see him?' The man was alert, he looked worried.

'No' I frown 'I heard two sets of foot steps and I heard his gun go off when you were right at me' was he scared of this other guy?

'I kept you alive for a reason' The man tells me, his composure back to normal.

'Why come back a year later?' I ask 'People are expecting that you know'

'I know' he nods 'You're going to be my little helper' Oh god, he wanted me to help him kill more people? Bury bodies? Rob a bank?

'And Im going to go to the police' I reply. 'They know everything else about you, your height, weight, eye colour, hair colour and now I know your accent and your face'

'You won't go to the police' he laughs confidently 'Because your sister and your little boyfriend will die before the police even find me' his eyes glinted with fury and honesty.

Jason Statham. That was what accent he had!

'You've ruined my life enough don't you think?' I snap.

'Not quite' he shrugs 'Are you going to help me or am I going to really make your life hell?'

'Do I have a choice?' I sigh 'But I have a question'