[8] - Adidas, it ain't only for your feet

A/N: thank you to @RadiantLove_ for the wonderful banner for this chapter :) Thanks, babe!

Also I apologize in advance for the typos I typed it out on my phone.

[ c h a p t e r 8 ]

We made our way back to my house to get ready for the meeting. Gavin had to drop September off at her house before joining us and Drew went with them since he lived next door to her. Louie had ridden in his expensive BMW while Caleb opted to take his bike, leaving me with the kids and Rory.

Rory was sitting beside me up front, while the kids went on with their senseless chatter about their new furry friend, which Emmylou had so proudly pointed out that it was not a rodent but in fact, was a marsupial because the sugar gliders had their own pouches just like kangaroos. I had just nodded my head numbly still thinking about what happened between Caleb and I at the bleachers.

"So..." Rory drawled as we turned onto our street.

I was hoping he would just keep quiet or keep up with the kids on our way back but, I guess that was asking to much. I mean, this is Rory who we're talking about. He's as nosy as a pack rat.

"What was that all about?" I could feel his eyes staring at me even though I couldn't actually see them since my eyes were trained on the road.

"What?" I asked, faking ignorance.

He glanced back at the kids making sure they weren't listening to our conversation.

"I saw you guys, Iddie" Rory hissed softly.

I shrugged not knowing what to say. I mean, it was weird what happened back there, but its not like Caleb and I kissed or anything.

Jesus, where the hell did that come from? Okay, Caleb was somewhat good looking I'll admit, but yeah, he's the douchiest of douches this side of Maine. So, no. No, kissing.

There was a sudden blur that swooshed past the car. Caleb stopped in front of our house and dismounted from his motorcycle. He got off in a smooth flourish, removed his helmet and ran a hand through his messy hair.

I followed suit parking behind him still ignoring Rory's question. Rory gave a quiet hmph beside me and mumbled "Whatever" as he unbuckled his seat belt and got out. The kids were now messing with their seat belts trying to get free. Rory opened the left side door and let the antsy tykes out. They ran for the house, Redmond and Louie laughing while Emmylou still held the pouch in her hands cooing at it trailing behind them.

"Okay, Iddie. You can get through this," I chanted to myself and let out a breath. I started by the sudden tap on the driver side window. Rolling it down, I peeked over at my father who was leaning by the side of the car.

"Everything alright, Iddie?," my Dad asked, looking down at me.

I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt. Making sure I had everything in check I picked my bag up from the passenger side floor and got out.

"Yeah, Dad. Everything's fine. Just tired I guess from the day." I looped my arm around his and we headed towards the house. Rory and Caleb decided to go on ahead since they were no where to be found outside.

"Your grandparents and a few of the others are already in there." My father murmured.

"Oh." I replied. "I didn't know Lola and Papa were coming." I peaked up at my Dad, he had a devilishly sly smile on his face.

"Why are you-?" I started, then it hit me and I smiled myself.

Dad patted my hand and chuckled, "You are most certainly my daughter. This will most certainly be an interesting Church meeting."