F I V E : Auditions and Anxiety Attacks

Start from the beginning

As we were talking, I noticied some kids doings different tricks and turns and sighed. They were all trying to psych each other out, it was kind of clear, and I came out of the back bend I was previously doing and decided to do some turns for the hell of it.

I saw a girl with brown hair watching me and she smirked when she saw me slightly falter and fall out of one of the turns before I sighed and went back to just stretching and warming up.

Finally, after about 30 minutes, a guy with a camera comes out and tells us to go in, along with our moms.

The studio itself somehow fits all of us and inside we are met with Gianna, who is smiling.

"Good morning, guys!"

We all say it back before she tells a group of 16 kids, which included me, to go out and get a number.

I grabbed one and pinned it to the bottom half of my dance wear and walked back in, talking to Brady about how nervous I was.

The next group included both Hannah and June, who both came back in talking about nerves as well.

Finally after all gettting our numbers, Gianna got all of our attention.

"Alright! Welcome, dancers! We look to be a very interesting mix here. Let's get started shall we?"

We all nodded and she began teaching us a routine.

It took maybe half an hour for us to fully learn it, another 30 minutes for us to run through it on the right tempo, although a few of the younger ones had difficulty with timing.

We kept re running it in different groups until we were released for an hour break.

Danielle came up to me as Hannah and I were talking about the Strangers Things 3 trailer.

"Hey, Renity, the guys wanna meet you, so we're all going out for lunch and then we'll come back."

"The guys?" Hannah was slightly confused and I just shrugged.

"My adopted dad is the lead singer for a band."

"Wait your adopted? And what band?"

I turned my head to Pressely, a girl I ended up dancing next to during the rotinue and I think I competed against her a few times.

"Y-yeah.... And uh he's in Pierce The Veil...kind of....Danielle how would you describe dad's music?"

Danielle laughed and sat on a near by bench while I pulled myshoes on.

"Post hardcore is it's official genre I guess."

Pressely srunched up her nose just slightly.

"Wait is that the kind of music that's like -

She then procceded to growl unintelligible words, causing all of us to laugh.

"I guess"

"Press, come on!"

Who I'm guessing was Pressely's mom called for her and she waved goodbye as she stood up and headed off.

"Okay, well we gotta go, Renity. It was nice meeting you."

Hannah nodded and I waved as we left. I had just left my bag there as we were coming back in an hour anyways.

Once we arrived at whatever place we're eating lunch at, Vic was already sitting inside with Mike and Tony.

I waved, pulling my shorts down slightly, already feeling the anxiety bubbling in my stomach.