It made me wonder, what am I going to be if all else failed? What if something happened to my parents? Can Natalie, my sister, and I handle our business? I knew she can do it, we were complete opposites, but what if something also happens to her... our company will surely die on my hands.

"Thanks Lindsay!" I bid my farewell and left the room with a thousand questions in my mind but only one conclusion.

I needed to change.

Emilia's POV

I watched the interaction of the school nurse and Nicole. They were in the first name basis. Usually, it was okay with students, but on people with authority, I prefer to use salutations. I saw her tried to flirt on the nurse and noticed that her charm doesn't have an effect on her.

Nicole was one of the students who cross dressed. She used the boys uniform instead of the girls. At first, I thought she was a guy, she even flirted with me but I rejected her in an instant. I'm here for only one goal; to study and graduate. Our school was considered one of the best in the country, if not the best. They mold students to be leaders and even if you owned the school, they won't hesitate to fail you.

When Nicole tried to hit on Nurse Rose, I felt a small tugged in my chest. It was the first time that I felt something like that. It was gone the moment I heard that her attempts failed. I can't watch their interactions anymore so I bid my farewell. "Since you're okay now, then I'll take my leave. Thank you Nurse Rose."

The moment I stepped outside the room, my phone rang. Checking the number, I saw that it was out landlord. I just paid our bills, I wonder what he wanted now. "Hello?" He cut

Me before I even start.

"Emilia! You need to come home. There's police on your unit and ..." He never got to finish as I ran towards the exit.

When I was near the bus station, I saw that it was already moving. "Damn!" I missed the bus! It'll be another thirty minutes if I waited. I can't get a cab since I don't have enough money. It was at this kind of moment that I felt so lost.

"John!" I though. He was my only friend and he knew my situation. I ran back to the school only to realized that she was on the middle of the soccer game. I can't be selfish enough to pull him from an important game.

With all hope lost, I let myself sunk into the ground to at least think. Maybe I'll just wait for the bus. "Emilia?" A voice said and when I looked up, I was greeted by a pair of hazel eyes. "What's wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?"

"No I'm okay... I just tripped." I lied.

"Let me help you up." Nicole then assisted me just like I assisted her earlier. "You want to go to the clinic?"

I shook my head. "No... I'm okay... I needed to go home." I removed myself from her arms and instantly missed he warmth.

"Wait! Let me give you a ride!" She offered which I was tempted to accept but I can't. I can't let anyone know my situation and she isn't even my friend.

"No thank you." Then my phone rang again. It was a blocked number. "Hello?"

"Ms. Brennan, this is Olivia Smith from the child services, we needed to speak with you. Where are you now?" She said.

"I'm on my way!" I then hung up and ran towards the bus stop. I'll just use my remaining money on the cab and will run try to run the rest of the way.

"That sounded like an emergency and I knew you take the bus everyday and I believe you already missed the last one." Nicole said. "I'll give you a ride. And I'm not taking 'no' for an answer."

I let her drag me to the parking lot and shove me in her truck. "Now... where to?"

John's POV

"Goal!"

The crowd yelled as our opponet scored a point. "Fuck!" I cursed, it was my fault. I got distracted by Emilia's retreating figure. She was running towards the school exit.

"What the hell John!" The coach yelled. "Where's your head! Get back in the game." I was tempted to leave the game and run after Emilia but I remembered why exactly I joined the this shitty team. It was my way of showing to her that I can be the best at anything. Besides it'll be bad for my image if I suddenly walked out from the game after the opponent just scored.

Due to that point, we became down by one. It should not be that hard to catch up however, I hate to admit that our team really sucked. "Pass!" I yelled to someone. He was about to pass the ball when it was stolen. "Damn it!"

I ran after the ball, I have been playing both offense and defense now. It was their captain who was again running towards the goal. I nearly stole the ball when I was distracted again by Emilia. But she was not alone this time... My blood boiled as I saw her being pulled by that dyke.

"Goal!"

And the opponent scored again. Fuck!