You didn't want to focus on the pain so you decided to sleep, hoping no one sees the pierced skin underneath your clothes.

-

"Y/N, Y/N? Y/N!!" Newt shakes you as you quickly sit up drenched in sweat. "Thank god." He breathes out hugging you. "Are you okay?" He asks. You start to act again, "yes.. I'm fine!" You wipe the sweat of your forehead. "You didn't look it-" he starts, "you where shaking and scrambling around like crazy as you slept." "Yeah, it was the dream I had. It was very very scary." You lie, getting up and putting on your shoes. "I'll go do your pack." He says worryingly, he states at you until he finally exits your room.

Quickly you walk up to the mirror and raise your shirt, but after catching a slight glimpse of the skin you immediately drop it. It was too disgusting to look at. "Just pull through till tonight..." You whisper over and over again, walking outside the homestead.

The three boys were at the doors. Like usual. Newt places the pack on your back. Even though you were in so much pain you give him a quick smile and kiss him in the lips, not even caring if your brother saw. "I'll see you soon!" He whispers and smirk. "Yeah-" you say not sure how to reply. "I love you." You tell him, for the first time. "I love you more." And with that you walk into the maze.

Just before you break away from your brother and friend you stop them. "I just want to give you guys a hug before you leave." They both stare at you confused by your niceness. You pull Minho in first. And then your brother Thomas. "I love you so much Tommy." You say starting to sweat again. "Are you okay Y/N?" He asks. "I'm fine!" You yell, getting into a bad mood all of a sudden. "I love you too sis." He says trying to overcome your bad temper. He pulls you in for another hug. "Bye." You all say to each other as you leave your separate ways. Bye was the way to go, you knew what was slowly happening to you and you were going to deal with it once it came by itself. Having no energy to run you slump against a cold wall grasping your sting. You keep waiting until the poison takes over but it never does.

-

You notice how it was getting later and later, and you knew the doors where about to shut for the night. You wanted to deal with the pain alone so you decide to lean your head back and listen to the sounds of the doors closing instead.

NEWT'S P.O.V.

"Where's your sister?" I ask Thomas as he makes his way through the doors. "I don't know.. She isn't here?" He replies. "No she's not!" I reply dead serious and very scared. "She's still in there." Thomas says worryingly. "What do we do?" I ask, we both start to get really scared. The wind symbolising the shutting blew in your face. "The only thing we can do." He say, grabbing my arm and pulling me in the maze while the boys in the glade yell at us to come back.

Once the doors completely shut, I tell Thomas how Y/N was acting the night before. "Today she seemed funny, she came up to me right before we parted and said how she loved me so much. Then she kept saying bye." He explains. I stare at him completely afraid, "did you by any chance see her with any signs of a sting?" I ask. "Because I did! She is stung that's why she had the sweats and was acting so funny, that's why!" I piece together. "We need to find her and keep her alive-" Thomas starts. You interupt, "do you have another syringe!?" I ask thinking back to the needle that helped Thomas survive the sting, "yes I do!" I feel happy again relieved that Y/N would be fine. All we needed to do was find her and keep her safe! Quickly Thomas and I run around yelling "Y/N" at the top of our voices.

YOUR P.OV.

Anything truly gruesome you could think of was happening to you. You were vomiting, bleeding, sweating and even hearing voice of the people you loved calling your name. You knew those where all symptoms of the sting, even the name calling, falling under the category of hallucinations. "Y/N!!" You hear again, you immediately try to block the sound of Newt's voice out of your head. You have finally given up, you couldn't take it anymore.

You stand up wobbling and stumbling all around, you grasp the wall and head for a place you had in mind, the bridge. You struggle to climb up the small wall, but when you do you stager to the ground wincing in pain, it was not bareable. Getting to your feet you walk over to the edge slowly. Whilst running you always stopped to see the so called 'bridge', you always wondered what was at the bottom and you where finally going to see for yourself. You continue to walk forwards until the bones in your knees give up. You fall to the ground. "Ow.." You cry, tears streaming down your face.

"STOP IT PLEASE!!" You yell. "Please!!" You shout again, agonised in pain. You crawl to the side wall next to the edge and grasp it whilst you stand up. "Y/N!" You hear from behind. It was Newt and Thomas right there staring at you. You knew it was another hallucination. They continue to talk to you but you didn't listen, you didn't want to see the evil clones formed by your mind.

"We have syringes that cure the sting!" They say, you look back at them, they're not actually there and you knew it. Another agonising pain rips through your body. "I love you both.." You tell the clones, "so so much.." You take a deep breath and look at the picture of the two people you love, you whisper "bye".

Newt's P.O.V

I suddenly hear Y/N's yelling and so does Thomas. "Over here!" He shouts following the sound while I follow him. We finally find her holding her body weight against a wall near the edge of the bridge. "Y/N!" I yell, as Thomas does as well. She turns her head and looks at us, her face was blank, not like normal. She turns away. "Everything's going to be okay! We will survive the night in here and get you back to the med-house in the morning!" I say trying to give her hope. "We have syringes that cure the sting!" Thomas adds, she looks at us again, sort of in a trance.

Suddenly she yells in pain, something that hurt you just by listening. She stops and recovers immediately, as if she was used to it. "I love you both.." She says, crying. "So so much.." She looks away from us and into a distance. You couldn't hear what she said next, but her actions where clearly visible. One minute she was there and the next she leaped of the edge, dropping into the nothingness..

"NOOOO!" I cry running to the edge. All I could see was the thick mist from below. "NOO!" I break down, tears running down my face like a waterfall. I turn to look at Thomas, who was clearly affected. He fell to his knees, crying as well. "WHY!" He then starts shouting. He gets up and walks over to the closest wall and punches it, "MY SISTER. WHY COULDNT IT BE ME" He breaks down. "Y/N," I whisper wiping my burning red eyes. "I can't- I can't! WHY DID THIS HAPPEN TO HER-??!" I shout clearly, in so much mental pain. Thomas looks over at me, and starts to talk, sniffling, "she thought we weren't real. I remember having hallucinations as well." He explains. "That's why she didn't react.."

-

It was the morning and Thomas and I still sat in the same positions as last night, still crying and still breaking down at the thought of every memory of her. I hear feet running against the hard stone and slowly turn my head to look at all the leaders, "What happened!?" Alby asks immediately, not moving Thomas answers, "I lost my sister." I decide to add on, "and I.. I lost my soul mate."
-