Chapter four

I woke up to four hands tugging on me

   I woke up to four hands tugging on me. Opening my eye lids i see unrecognizable surroundings. I bolt up an scramble back only to remember why I'm a tree but its too late. I feel myself slip off the branch. Falling, i hit a branch on the way down and land in the rushing river below.
   The current pushed me further away from the yelping Prolemurs. I try to grab some roots sticking out underwater but fail. Swimming back up to the top i try to take a breath. But a wave pushed me back underwater, and I choked. I hadn't closed my mouth before I was pushed underwater, and by accident I swallowed water. Water was now in my lungs, and I couldn't breathe. I struggled for a few seconds before I felt myself losing conciseness.

~~

   I coughed hard trying to empty my lungs of water before I opened my eyes. Sitting above me were two huge na'vi. I whimpered and turn my head away too weak to try and get away.
   Then i felt warm arms lifting me up gently. "Calm little one, you are safe now." I hear a female say in na'vi. But it did nothing to sooth me, I want Jake and Norm. I let out a few feeble sobs and whimpers. I was surprised when i heard soft humming. Looking up, my tearful eyes are met with a beautiful gold ones. Her soft humming soothed my aching heart. My sobs turn to sniffles and soon even those stop.
   The beautiful Na'vi woman held onto me like a mother would hold her baby. She carried me over to a Pali. They are much larger up close. My body felt tired and my eye lids felt heavy. "Rest now little one. You will be safe."  Honestly even though it was morning i was tired. My body was exhausted from the near drowning. I closed my heavy eyes and mind drift into unconsciousness.

~~

   I was awakened by a large yet gentle hand running its fingers through my wet hair. My body snuggled back into the warmth wanting to go back to sleep. "Come on little one. We are close to home tree." Said a slightly amused voice.
   I groggily opened my eyes. "Excuse me? Did you save me from the river?"

"No, when we found you, you were on the river bank with a group of Prolemurs surrounding you."
   The male spoke up from in front of us. "We've arrived." Looking up, I'm met with a tree so big the tips disappeared in the cloudy sky. "Woah." I sat up and placed my hands gently on the Pali to hold myself up. The na'vi woman held onto the reigns with one hand and the other held me against her. "So little one what do i call you? I am Neytiri. That moron over there is Tsu'tey."
   I look down at my fiddling fingers. "My name is Ella." Neytiri looks at me kindly. We ride in silence until we get close enough to see the massive tree.
   I looked up, my blue eyes were met with gold ones. "This place is very pretty." As i said this she smiled down at me before hopping off the Direhorse lifting me into her arms.
   The large woman sat me on her hip as she walked into the massive tree.
Hundreds of na'vi turned and watched the female bring me towards the middle of the tree. Some backing away, some bravely trying to touch me only to be met with the hissing Neytiri. I clung to her tighter not wanting to be the center of attention.
   "I smell the awful stench of a sky person." A male bellows. Neytiri stood in front of the male native. He was older and wore strange head gear along with a feather vest and beads. He must be the chief, I concluded as they stopped a bit short of the male. Neytiri spoke to the old Navi and he looked at her with calculating eyes.
   "She is just a child father," Neytiri looks at her father pleadingly. "Would you really throw this innocent child back into the forest." Neytiri squeezed my face between her thumb and index finger.
   Then another female walked forward, she was wearing an orange top that went around her shoulders and hid her torso. Her eyes soft as she stared at my small form. The woman who looked slightly like Neytiri opened her arms for me, although not wanting to I leaned towards her.

"Hello young one what are you called?" She asked and yet again I'm asked my identity. "Ella." I replied softly.
   The older woman passed me back to Neytiri. "I think there is something i feel like you should know." I said to her.
   "And what might that be young Ella?" The Na'vi woman looks at me with a confused face.
  B"I'm like you. You see i can breath your air.  And look, i also have Tsaheylu." I grabbed my long braid and showed them my tsaheylu.
   The older female walked back to the male and quietly spoke with him. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I guessed it was about me. They turned around, each with a smile on their face.
   "Well it's settled then. Let this child learn be part of us. And maybe she can be part of this clan." The great chief of the Omaticayan clan yelled raising his arms high. "Daughter. Since you were the one who brought her into our clan you will care for her like your own."
   Neytiri nodded and "Lets get you into some Omaticayan clothing. But i have to go patrol the borders, so I'll leave you with these nice females, okay?" I nodded in response and Neytiri handed me to na'vi woman she nodded to a few others and they ran excitedly up the tree spiral quickly.