"We have a guest," Shigure announced.

They all looked up from the work before their eyes widened with shock. Tohru was surprised that she had come back to the house whilst Yuki and Kyo were in utter disbelief. It had been almost four years since they had last seen her and now she was casually standing there without a single clue that she once lived in that very house.

She found it strange that all the members of the house greeted her in such an odd way. 'Maybe they don't get out much...'

She smiled politely. "Hello."
Shigure motioned to each of them. "That's Yuki, Kyo, and of course you know Tohru already." He then motioned to Amai. "And this is Amai."

The three of them could tell that it was difficult for Shigure, having to put on an act in front of her. They could see the pain in his eyes to have someone he loves so greatly and to have her not know anything about him.

Yuki bowed his head in respect. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Amai."
"It's nice to meet you, too."

Kyo sighed but didn't say anything. He was pissed that he couldn't do anything to make her remember. Instead, he got up and left the room. Amai watched him leave, wondering if she had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry about him," Shigure said. "He's just your typical teenager."
Amai shook her head. "It's alright."
Tohru stood up. "I'll make some tea."

***

Shigure sat as far away from Amai as possible. She sat beside Tohru and opposite Yuki whilst he sat in the opposite corner. Being in such close proximity to her was pure torture. He wanted to hold her in his arms, kiss her and tell her that he loved her. But he couldn't...

Amai took a sip of her tea. "This is delicious. Thank you for the tea."
Tohru smiled. "It's no problem. I'm glad you like it."
"So, Miss Amai," Yuki spoke softly. "You wanted to see Miss Honda?"
"Oh, right!" Amai nodded and turned to her as she held her necklace. "I came to tell you that it actually opens."

Shigure's eyes widened as he saw what she was talking about. He had forgotten to take it from her the day her memories were erased and now it was going to bite him in the ass. He should have taken it. He just hoped that she didn't remember.

Tohru looked at Shigure and saw his reaction. She just hoped that Amai wouldn't give any clues that she was the one who had hinted it to her.

Amai smiled as she took the necklace off. "I can't believe I never knew it opened."
"It really is like a book," Tohru said.
"Mhm. It's even got something written inside."

Shigure's heart raced as she opened the clasp and opened the little book. She showed Tohru the writing inside, including the letters.

She then looked at it longingly. "I truly think the A stands for my name. But I don't know about the letter 'S'. I can't remember anything." There was a sadness in her eyes. "Whoever gave this to me must have loved me..."

There was an awkward tension in the room. The man who had given her that necklace was sitting only a few feet away but she had no idea.

And no one could tell her anything.

Shigure stood up. "I...apologise. I have some things I need to be getting on with." He smiled at Amai. "It was good seeing you again."
She returned the smile. "And you. Hey, I still owe you that drink."
"Next time for sure. Until then, Amai."

He left the room and went back to his office, closing the door behind him. It was all becoming too much for him and he could feel himself weakening. He couldn't allow himself to get close to her again. He sat down in front of his desk and heaved a heavy sigh.

'Why is this happening..? Why now?'

He was afraid. He didn't want her to remember. If she did, them Akito would only hurt her again and he couldn't allow that to happen.

Back in the dining room, Amai closed the necklace and put it back on around her neck. Yuki was still at a loss as he looked at her. He silently wished that she would remember something. Anything. He wished be could just tell her that the 'S' was Shigure's initial but be couldn't.

"Anyway," Amai sighed, "I only came here to show you that you were right. It did open."

Yuki's brows furrowed slightly as he looked at Tohru.

Tohru smiled brightly at her. "It's so exciting!"
Amai laughed wryly. "You know, I wear this necklace all the time and I never knew it could open. But I always knew that it was special. I... I've always felt there's been something missing in my life. I feel like I've lost something. Something important..." She clutched onto her necklace. "Maybe this is a clue to what I've been missing."
"I really hope you find it, Amai."
"Thank you." She smiled and got up. "I should really get going now. Thank you for the tea."
Tohru stood as well. "It's no problem," she smiled sweetly. "I hope we get to see you again."
Yuki also got up. "Allow me to walk you out, Miss Amai."

He led the way to the front door as she followed behind him. She put her shoes on before making her way out.

She turned to him. "It was nice meeting you, Yuki. Please tell Kyo I said bye."
"I will. I wish you a safe journey."

She smiled at his gentlemanly nature, bidding him farewell before going to her car. Once she was gone, he closed the door and made his way back to Tohru.

"Did you tell her to open the necklace?" he asked her.
"N-not exactly," she stuttered thinking she was in trouble. "I just hinted it to her, that's all. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be meddling but-"
"No, don't be sorry," he said softly before smiling. "Come with me."

She was confused. She thought that maybe he would be annoyed because of her involvement but that wasn't the case. In fact, Yuki was glad. He led her upstairs to Kyo's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in," Kyo called.

Yuki opened the door and entered with Tohru. They found him lying down on the bed, his head resting on his arm. He was clearly in a bad mood.

"What do you want?" he asked harshly.
Yuki closed the door. "Amai told me to tell you that she said bye."
Kyo scoffed. "Well, it's about time. She never got to say it four years ago."
"Stop being such a baby," Yuki sighed. "I came here to tell you something else."

He smiled at Tohru, who froze because she thought was in trouble again. But he just smiled. Kyo sat up and looked at them, annoyed that his peace was being disturbed.

"Are you gonna tell me or are you gonna just stare at her?"
"Miss Honda has given me an idea," Yuki said.
She pointed at herself in shock. "Me?"
He looked back at Kyo. "We're going to get Amai back."

Kyo stared at him for a few seconds. He didn't need any convincing and nodded with a smirk.

"I'm ready."