Chapter Ten

The next morning, Amai woke up feeling quite delirious. Making love to Shigure had felt like a dream and she couldn't tell if it had truly happened or not. But as she turned from her side and onto her back, she could feel the soreness between her legs. She seethed, her brows furrowing slightly as she clutched onto the quilt that was covering her naked body.

Once the pain calmed down, she released the grip on the quilt before opening her eyes. She saw that she was alone in the room but she knew Shigure always woke up early no matter what time he fell asleep. The clock on the wall showed that it was almost 10am.

As she stretched, releasing the tiredness from her muscles, the bedroom door slid open. Shigure entered holding a tray of breakfast and smiled upon seeing her awake.

"Ah, perfect timing," he said as he walked over and placed the tray on the middle of the bed. "I made us breakfast."
Amai smiled and pushed herself to sit up, holding the quilt to keep her chest covered. "It smells delicious. When did you wake up?"
He sat beside her. "About an hour ago." He leaned over and pecked her lips. "Did you sleep well?"
Her smile grew as she held his chin and kissed him back. "I slept very well. Last night was something else."
Smiling himself, he gently nudged her nose with his before kissing her again softly. "I agree."

With one more kiss, they parted before sharing breakfast. Once they were done, Shigure left the room so that she could shower and freshen up. She also changed the bedsheets before putting the other ones into the wash.

But for the rest of the day, they were all loved up. Even as they sat together with the TV on, their focus was on each other. He held the back of her neck as they shared sweet kisses. Just moments later, Yuki and Kyo returned from school and were instantly disgusted at the sight.

"Ugh, can't you two just stay away from each other for a few minutes?" Kyo complained.
Shigure laughed as they parted from the kiss. "Nope!"
Amai smiled, resting her head on his shoulder. "You'll understand one day, Kyo, when you fall in love."
He scoffed. "Yeah, right. I don't have time to fall in love. My goal is to beat that damn rat boy!"
Yuki heaved a sigh. "You'll be wasting your life trying."
"Oh, yeah?! Try me!"
Shigure sighed sadly. "And just when I thought their fighting days were over."
Amai suddenly stood up. "That's it. I'm gonna do it."
He looked up at her. "Do what?"
"I'm gonna hug 'em."

They both stopped arguing and looked at her in confusion. Smirking evilly, she pretended to go after them.

"SPLIT!" they both yelled before darting off in two different directions.

Amai laughed as she sat back down beside Shigure. He chuckled quietly before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

"Thank you," he said.
"You are welcome."

***

Now that they both had found a way to make love, they weren't afraid for their passion to grow. They had discovered new ways and took their relationship to a whole other level.

Another four months had passed. In that time, Amai had gotten closer to Ayame and Hatori. Ayame would love having her in his store and would often get her to model his latest designs. Hatori would also visit the house and stop by for tea. He even rushed over when she had fallen ill with a cold, scolding Shigure for not taking care of her properly.

News of Amai began to spread in the Estate of the Sohma Clan. People would often hear of her and word would spread of her closeness with other members of the clan. Even ones who hadn't met her yet, such as Hatsuharu, Momiji and Kagura, were talking about her. They had become curiosity about Shigure's secret love life but Hatori had already forbid them all from going to their house and bothering her.