24 || Acceptance

Lee Know's P.O.V (third person)

"Ahh, oh no.." Lee know glances over to Minah, who was currently staring at her drawing in panic.

"Minah, What's wrong?" He asks her.

"I messed up on the petal." She says, grabbing a different paintbrush from the pile. "But don't worry, I can fix it."

Lee know glances over to the painting, where there indeed was a petal that was splattered in green paint. "Can't you just restart?" He asks again, almost getting distracted by a passing butterfly.

"We don't need to restart." She says, inspecting the painting. "I didn't bring any extra canvases anyways."

"But what's the point then? What is the point of a painting if it's not perfect?"

What is the point?

Like a sudden rush as the damn broke, Lee know felt his insecurities began attacking him again.

What is the point of him when he's not even like all those other androids? Who are designed and programmed to be "perfect?"

Lee know's fist clench, an uneasy feeling painting his chest.

Maybe his system was overreacting, or, he knew he was overreacting.

But he just wants to know.

What's the point of him?

"Lee know-ah." Minah reaches out, gently tucking a flower behind his ear. "You don't have to think of it like that. Here." with a quick stroke of a brush, she quickly changes the petal. "If I do this, it's fixed! See?"

Lee knows gaze shifts, eyes now looking at the different coloured petal. "I would throw the drawing out, it's a stupid mistake."

Just like him.

"What?" She turns to face him. "It's..."

"It's not like it was this drawings fault!" She exclaimed, picking it up.

"Lee know.." She stands ups.

"So many people nowadays, puts a ton of pressure on us to be perfect. We're made to feel as if there's something wrong with us if we're still single by a certain age, don't make a certain amount of money, or don't look a certain way."

"You know what I say?" She asks him, and he shakes his head.

Smiling triumphantly, she answers, not even the slightest hesitation in her voice. "All that stuff is bullcrap."

"Nothing in this world is imperfect, nothing carries the burden of a mistake."

"Because, that's not what they are."

"They're not a mistake."

"They're just..."

"One of a kind."

"You know?"

Lee know's eye's widen, a pang of nostalgia hitting him. His eyes trail from the painting, and back to the girl as she kneels down in front of him, the gentle smile never fading from her face.

It's was like that day.

The day of when they first met. The feeling of tenderness, comfort, someone he knew from first glance that can understand him.

One that he could have never felt if he didn't meet her.

Multiple sirens of warnings were blaring in his head, gears and robotic parts beginning to malfunction.