Chapter Ten | Mikaelson vs. Mikaelson

Start from the beginning

Niklaus' hand wrapped around my bicep.

"Later, Elijah," he warned, and I nodded.

I felt volatile, out of control for the first time in my life. My only concern was the safety of Evelyn and Amelia, everything else be damned.

If my father had laid a hand on them, I would make certain he suffered for the rest of his miserable days.

"Where is Mikael?" Niklaus asked Oliver, his blue eyes flashing with a murderous rage.

Oliver finally had the common sense to look frightened as he turned to lead the way.

We followed close behind, three sets of angry footsteps echoing throughout the empty warehouse.

I thought I heard a soft whimper, but I could see nothing in the darkness.

"Father! Show yourself, you hideous coward!" I called, the fury radiating from within.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, son."

Mikael stepped out from the darkness, his face twisted into an arrogant smirk.

I wanted nothing more than to tear it from his flesh.

In an attempt to restrain myself, I forced a hand into my pocket, running the other over my lips.

"Where. Are. They." My voice was a cross between a growl and a whisper.

"Oh, the girls? You needn't worry," Mikael replied in a bored tone. "They are perfectly safe, and will remain unharmed. As long as you do what I say, of course."

It took all of my self-control not to launch myself at him. Niklaus' hand on my shoulder reminded me I needed to stay calm.

"And what is that, old man?" Kol was teeming with rage as well, and I knew it was only a matter of time before one of us lost it.

"Simply give me back full control of my company," Mikael shrugged, as if it were the easiest thing in the world. "You three leave town and let me run Mikaelson Security the way it was meant to be run."

As soon as he finished speaking, a light bulb switched on to the left of us.

I glanced over and my heart jumped into my throat. Amelia was huddled in the corner, her arms tightly wrapped around Evelyn. Oliver was standing guard with what appeared to be a taser.

"Drop that immediately, Oliver, or the coroner will have to pry it from your cold, dead hands," I snarled.

Oliver's confidence faltered for a moment, and he looked at my father for instructions.

Coward.

Mikael shook his head once to indicate that Oliver should not listen to me. I lunged forward, but two pairs of hands held me back from tearing Mikael's face off.

"I should mention, son, that there's someone else here you may want to see."

Oliver flipped another switch, and a light came on to our right.

"Rebekah?"

Our missing sister was leaning against the wall with a resentful glare.

"Yes, it's me. This bloody lunatic has had me here for months waiting for this. Psychotic bastard."

"Yes, well. It would have been sooner, but Elijah's little whore here found the child at the grocery store before my men did," Mikael groaned. "Now, back to business. I want my company."

I was torn between overwhelming joy that my sister was alive, and the intense desire to murder my father with my bare hands.

"Wait. That's all this is about?" Niklaus asked earnestly. "The company? Take it. It's yours."

"All we want is these three ladies to walk out of here safely," I added, stepping forward slowly. "We don't care about anything else."

Mikael narrowed his eyes. "You would give up all the money, the power? I thought I raised you better than that, Elijah." He looked over at Kol and Klaus with disgust. "These two had always been hopeless. But you... I thought you would be the one to rule this town in my absence."

"Take it all, Mikael. We'll sign it over immediately. Just give us the girls." I tried to keep the desperation from lacing my voice, but even I could hear it.

"Fine. Release them," Mikael sighed, waving a hand.

Amelia whispered to Evelyn, who nodded and rushed into my arms. I lifted her up and the scent of her apple shampoo flooded my nose immediately.

I felt as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

Until I opened my eyes and noticed Amelia was still in the same spot. She was watching us from the ground with tears streaming down her cheeks, and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Oh. How silly of me. I'd forgotten one teeny little catch," Mikael grinned. He was practically vibrating with excitement at this point. "Ladies, show them."

Amelia lifted her leg to show the metal cuff that had her chained to the wall. I saw Rebekah do the same from across the room.

"A decision will have to be made here, Elijah. I couldn't just let you walk out of here as if you hadn't locked me up and thrown away the key now, could I?"

I was biting my tongue so hard, the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth.

"So who would you rather save? Your sister, or your precious girlfriend?"

Mikael strolled over, lifting one of Amelia's soft curls in his fingers.

"You are quite lovely, darling. Too bad Elijah only truly cares about his siblings. It's quite sick, really."

From the corner of my eye, I saw that Kol had discreetly checked his phone. He met my stare and nodded once before stepping back.

"Ah, there's just one little fault with your plan there, Mikael. One tiny detail you hadn't taken into consideration," Kol smirked.

Mikael's head snapped up when he heard Kol speaking out of turn.

"Oh? And what's that, boy?" He stepped forward when he heard the door open slowly, and the click of heels as our unexpected visitor entered the abandoned warehouse.

"Me."

Mikael's mouth dropped open, a tiny gasp slipping from his throat as his long lost love stepped out of the shadows.

"Carol? Is that you, my love?"

Carol Lockwood nodded.

"Yes, Mikael. It's me."

[To be continued..]

A/N: This will wrap up tomorrow 🥰 I'll post both the end chapter and the epilogue at the same time. Thanks so much for reading and being so sweet, you guys are the best 😘😘