Chapter 32: Crib (Milo)

Start from the beginning

I grinned. "Collin gave up his family for me. I think Axil would do the same for you."

He patted my head. "Well, you are a cute a pup and Collin had a thing for cute things."

Smoothing out my fur, I tried not to smile. "We could look at baby furniture together."

"Oh yeah, you went to the hospital. How did that go?"

"It was mortifying. I'm never going back there again."

Jedrek laughed and led me to the living room. "I'm not surprised."

***

"Oh, that one is nice." I pointed at the screen. "The side folds down."

"Hmm..." Jed kept scrolling.

I peeked at him to see he wasn't interested at all with what we were doing. "Do you have your nursery started?"

"Nope. That's why Axil is making me do this."

"You don't like any of these cribs."

"My mother-in-law bought us a bassinet for the first couple of months. We can buy a crib once he's bigger."

I sat back in my seat. "You might be really busy when the baby is here."

Jedrek groaned and laid his head on the desk. "I know. I'm just not in the mood to do this."

"I could pick some things out and we can tell Axil you did it."

He rolled his chair to the side. "Have at it."

I scooted my own chair forward and started to look through the options. There were so many to choose from. I didn't know much about pups, either. It might be better to wait until my mom came to visit and then she could tell us what was good or bad.

"When are you going to start trying?" asked Jed.

"Collin gave them the good ahead so we're waiting to hear what happens."

"Wow, you two aren't wasting any time."

"He's been feeling some pressure to produce an heir from the alpha."

"Look at us"—Jed spun in a circle—"before you know it this place is going to be a puppy daycare."

"I'm excited."

"Well, yeah. You're the motherly type."

I arched a brow. "That pertains to you, too."

Jedrek sunk down in his seat. "The fatherly type, then." He propped up his head. "I'm neither. I'm horrible with kids. I'm hoping Axil will hire someone to come in and help me."

"If we work together, I think we can figure it out."

"You're way too optimistic. I sucked at pretty much everything. I was a horrible rebel and an even worse mate. I suck at this whole werewolf thing. My people skills are non-existent as the press treats me like a pup throwing a tantrum. My son is doomed." He ran his hands down his face. "I am a good shot, though. That's the one thing I got going for me."

"Shot?" I opened up a new search tab.

"Guns, slingshots, I'm pretty good at it." He put his arms behind his head. "I killed a werewolf before I got dragged here."

The fur along my spine stood up. "You didn't?" My chest tightened. "How? How are you even alive?"

"They were Midfield werewolves." He pointed to his hair. "And my blood isn't something Axil would ever pass up."