Chapter 3: The Gossip

Charlie had a very hard time believing in what had happened few hours ago.

Even after they've safely reached the school, or snuck past Filch, who was cleaning up the dungbomb explosions on the third floor, nor when they've said goodbye by the Ravenclaw Tower entrance. Even now, sitting by the fire in the red and gold Gryffindor's Common Room the whole thing still seemed too good to be true.

'She actually said "yes"'...

That can't be right!

It seemed too much like a dream.

And yet, it wasn't.

Unless, he was sleepwalking this whole time.

That actually made sense with this recent curse befalling Hogwarts.

"How's the trip to the Forest?"

Charlie almost jumped up, suddenly realizing he wasn't the only one here at this late hour.

His older brother was smiling at him with that confident broad grin of his, that stole the hearts of about a half of the girls at school.

"It was fine, I guess." Charlie tried very hard not to think about what had happened at the end of it. "Fought a bunch of Acromantula and stuff. It was pretty cool."

Bill put aside the book he was working on. His N.E.W.T.s are a year away, and yet he was already studying for it at the beginning of the Christmas holidays...

"So, did you ask her out yet?" Bill sat down beside his brother.

"Wha?.." Charlie's bright red face was all the conformation the older Weasley needed. "How do you know?"

"Oh, come on. I was madly in love with a girl before too, I know that look." He said with a sleek smile. "She turned me down, though."

"Are you kidding me?" That was hard to believe. "Half of our school has a crush on you!"

Bill only laughed.

"So, did Tiashe say yes?"

"How do you know that?"

"Well, I'm your brother, so..." Seems that Bill didn't think this one through. "And her friend told me. You know, the Indian girl." Older Weasley yawned. "Don't worry about it too much, anyway. You guys are great together."

The night before Christmas the Hogwarts grounds got covered in snow, as if a large pure white heavy fur coat had fallen upon the school in just one night. After weeks of drizzling rain and cold wind, to wake up for a snowy Christmas had brought those students, who decided to spend their vacation at school, more joy than the piles of presents gathered beside their beds.

Opening them took a large piece of the morning, so everyone was down in the Great Hall only for the early lunch - Weasley brothers in their new sweaters, Rowan and Tiashe were studying another huge book, Tonks and Tulip comparing their new sets of jokes, Liz and Barnaby talking about some dangerous creature they've found this morning in the dormitory. All the loud crowd gathered at the Ravenclaw table, not at all bothered by the annoyed stares of literally everyone else in the room.

Penny Haywood noticed just as much, when she walked into the Great Hall. It was a good thing that she'd became friends with Tiashe Danvers ages ago - people seemed to gather naturally around her, and she was always in the middle of the most interesting events at school. And knowing everything about everyone in Hogwarts was Penny's superpower.