Chapter 2: Forbidden Forest

"I wish they'd give us coffee instead..." Jae Kim fell face down on the Gryffindor's table in the Great Hall. "I hate Mondays."

The glory of the recent victory didn't last too long, as the new studying week came pretty soon with all the gloom of October weather.

"You just hate studying." Charlie yawned. He's been in the high spirit ever since the last match. Because he'd brought a glorious win to his team. Or so he was trying to convince himself.

"That too. But hey, I'm not a Ravenclaw." Kim raised his head to look at the drizzling sky above their heads. "I should have been in Hufflepuff instead. Hey, that's an idea! I can wear some yellow clothes so that people will think I'm one!" The thought had cheered him up enough to start breakfast. "You know what I think about?" He said with his mouth full. "Hogsmeade visit's in a week and that means - now's the best time to plan your dates!"

Charlie chocked on his pumpkin juice.

"D-dates?" Ben's voice got as squeaky as Flitwick's. "Why would you talk about dates?"

"Why not? Everyone's starting dating around this time." Kim said with a smug face. "Actually, I know for a fact, that even Merula Snyde has got herself a boyfriend."

"No way!"

"I heard it directly from Penny Haywood, that girl with the face of an angel wouldn't lie." Jae glanced at the Hufflepuff table. "You know what? I'd definitely go out with her."

Guys at Gryffindor table burst out laughing.

"Keep dreaming! She's way out of your league!" Said an upperclassman. "I bet she wouldn't even look at you."

"That might be true." Kim seemed to be completely unbothered by the reaction of fellow Gryffindors. "But I know for sure, that I wouldn't date crazy Danvers in the world."

Charlie coughed.

"Maybe, if you want a girlfriend, you'd better stop calling her that."

Now Kim looked surprised.

"Wait, what? You like her?!" Korean boy exclaimed. "Hey, Ben! You've got yourself a competition! Now both of you will have to duel for her affections!" He was enjoying himself way too much.

"If you want to win Tiashe's heart, you'll have to duel her yourselves." A new voice came from behind their backs. They've turned around to face Bill Weasley who's just arrived to the Great Hall. "And mind you - she'll win. That much I can say for sure." He laughed.

Jae Kim didn't try to argue this time.

"Charlie," the older Weasley continued. "For few words."

"What's up?" Gryffindor's seeker asked, once they were in a hallway.

"Actually, speaking about Tiashe Danvers." Bill said thoughtfully. "There's something she could use your help with."

Charlie's heart skipped a beat.

"But, as a prefect and an older brother, I'd prefer you not to get involved. I mean, it's probably dangerous... I'd much rather do it myself, but this time she'll need your skills instead, so..."

"Bill, are you trying to confuse me?"

"I'm fighting my morals here!" Gryffidor's prefect sighted. "Just go talk to her in the class today. She'll explain everything."

"Sure." Younger Weasley sincerely hoped that his face didn't turn red.

Care for Magical creatures that afternoon seemed like a perfect chance to do it – three Houses were gathered together for this class, most likely due to the mistake in the timetable. The lectures were held outdoors closer to the Forbidden Forest, which was rather inconvenient during this mild but annoying rain.