“Yeah, I’m fine.” I nod.

“I hope so. I know opening up to someone like that isn’t always easy.”

“It’d be worse if I were telling someone else all of that.”

“I guess so. Hey, wanna smoke?”

“Yeah, for sure.” I answered as Eli perked up and grabbed the wooden box from underneath her pillow. As she set everything up, I began to stare at the nightstand again, studying the wood patterns. My attention was torn away once Eli handed me the pipe. I smiled a response and took it from her hand, digging a lighter out of my pocket before lighting up. Once I inhaled all of the smoke, I noticed that the window was still closed. I tapped Eli’s shoulder and pointed over to it.

“Oh, fuck, thanks,” she said as she hopped up and went to open in. I began to struggle with keeping the smoke in, I wasn’t used to holding my breath for so long. I looked over my shoulder to see Eli fumbling with the lock.

“One second,” Eli muttered, still trying to open the window. At that point, I couldn’t take it anymore. I went to exhale, but ended up coughing up smoke, scratching my throat. Once I recovered, I looked over my shoulder once again to see the window open and Eli standing next to it with a facial expression that said ‘oops’.

“My bad,” Eli spoke softly, making a goofy face.

“Don’t sweat it,” I chuckled and looked down at the pipe in my hands.

“What, does the pipe tell jokes now?” Eli smirked at me as she returned to her seat on the bed.

“Oh, ha, ha.” I rolled my eyes and tossed the pipe in her direction. To my surprise, she actually caught it.

“Aye, aye, this was expensive!” Eli said as she held out her hand in my direction, still smiling.

“Whoopsie-daisy,” I grinned, placing the lighter in her palm.

“So, I was thinking about getting a bass or something,” Eli said, changing the subject.

“Really? I think you should go for it. Bass players are really sexy, you know,” I joked, winking at her and nudging her arm.

“Yeah, the only problem is that I suck dick at bass.”

“You suck dick at sucking dick.”

“Shut up, nerd,” Eli pushed me to the side before lighting up and exhaling smoke into my face.

“You love me,” I grinned at her as she handed the pipe to me.

“Unfortunately,” she groaned.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought,” I smirked, bringing the pipe up to my lips.