Chapter 14

I awoke the next morning to the sun shining into my eyes. I quickly remembered the conversation with Eli last night and groaned, wishing I hadn’t told her everything. I yawned and rubbed my eyes tiredly before leaning forward and flopping onto the floor. I reached my arms out into the pile of dirty clothes next to me and began to dig through it, trying to find a shirt to wear. My hands caught hold of my wrinkled blue Weezer shirt. After inspecting it for stains and odors and finding it satisfactory, I slipped my arms through the sleeves and wiggled my head and torso through it.

Noticing that my mouth was exceptionally dry and filmy, I headed downstairs to get a glass of water from the kitchen. “Morning, mom,” I said when I saw her already in the kitchen fixing lunch.

“Good morning, Bo!” she beamed at me as she churned a bowlful of ingredients I couldn’t see from where I stood at the refrigerator. “Do you and your friends want egg salad sandwiches? They’ll be ready in a minute, and I can send you up with a plate of them.”

“Nah, we’re good,” I answered as I noisily dropped ice cubes into a glass and shuffled over to the sink for water. “Thanks, though.”

“How about some chips, then? I can pour some into a bowl for your father and me, and you can take the rest of the bag up with you.”

My glass of water filled and ready, I strode out of the kitchen and headed for the stairs. “No, thank you, mom!” I called over my shoulder as I mounted the first step.

I slowly made my way up the stairs over to Eli’s room. After lightly tapping on the door, I let myself in.

“Hey douchebag,” she smiled at me. “what’s up?”

I shrugged, “Eh, same old, same old, I guess. You?”

“I’m doing pretty okay,” she continued to smile and sat up, patting the spot on the bed next to her. I walked up and sat down, sighing softly.

“You alright?” She asked me, scooting closer. I frowned, focusing my attention on her nightstand.

“Yo, fuckface, you okay?” She asked again. I stayed silent and kept my vision locked on the nightstand.

“Why won’t you answer me?” She whined.

“Talking with you doesn’t bring any real benefits,” I shrugged.

“Okay, that was pretty funny,” she laughs, her laugh growing stronger by the second.

“Alright,” I said finally, “it wasn’t that funny.”

“Oh, no,” she continued to laugh, “I’m not laughing with you, I’m laughing at you.”

I playfully shoved her to the side. “You’re a toolbag.”

“Takes one to know one!” she grins wide at me.

“But anyway,” she said, her smile quickly fading. “are you alright?”

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 10, 2014 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

What's Funny?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें