colorless

HEY! i was actually
working on this for
a long time (like a
few months) but
i didn't know what
to do. so i'm sorry
if it seems rushed):
bye, thank you!
__j.

"hey doyoung, do you think soulmates exist?" doyoung averts his gaze from jungwoo, thinking on how to answer.

doyoung believes in soulmates—almost the whole world does, but jungwoo and millions of others believes it does not. they're "quirky" if you want to put it like that, and jungwoo was very open about it.

"i do think soulmates exist. i mean, i believe i have one after all." jungwoo chuckled, "yeah..although i don't believe in the idea of it anymore, i do think you and johnny are soulmates." doyoung smiled widely at the thought of it. he was so sure from the very first moment he laid eyes on johnny, he was the one.

jungwoo stretched out his arms, "did you hear about the recent news?" doyoung looked down, "yeah, i did. do you think it's true? this whole thing we and everyone in the world was raised on?"

jungwoo looked up to the ceiling and after a few moments, looking back at doyoung, "well, we have to experience it ourselves." doyoung felt chills go up his spine.

years ago, the usa government came out and said soulmates do indeed exist. this led to other countries believing it although some was not too found of the claim. many stories and generations later, almost everyone in the world believes they have a soulmate. but it's also said that if your soulmate dies, your world becomes colorless.

but of course soulmates is a big word and many people die everyday, and a lot of people say that whenever their partner dies, nothing becomes colorless. this leads people to move on from their partners quickly to try to find "the one." but of course, there's been many special cases of people's worlds being colorless, so the whole belief of you having a soulmate is very big.

"why do you think they never speak out in detail about it?" doyoung shrugged, "i wouldn't want to talk about my soulmate dying either." jungwoo stretched his arms out, "yeah, i wouldn't either." they share a quick smile to each other before hearing doyoung's phone ringing.

"sorry, give me a sec." jungwoo gave him a smile, signaling it's okay. doyoung walked away a bit, pressing answer.

"hey, love!!" it was johnny's voice. doyoung felt his heart warmup, "hey, how are you doing?" doyoung can't see it, but johnny ran his fingers through his hair. "doing good, is jungwoo still over at our place?" doyoung looks over to the cute boy, "yeah he is. are you done with work?" johnny smiled, "yeah!! can't wait to hang out with you guys soon!"

"stay safe, i love you." doyoung looked down on the ground, he felt his heart becoming soft from this mini conversation. "i love you more! see you later, love!" and he hung up.

after a minute more of standing, doyoung walked over to jungwoo, feeling a bit down. jungwoo noticed his sudden hints of sadness and asked what was wrong. "i just feel a bit sick i guess, but johnny is coming soon. he said he can't wait to hang out with us." jungwoo's face lit up, "hell yeah!! what game are we playing with him?"

some time passed by, and no sign of johnny. doyoung feels uneasy, his eyes started hurting. "he should be home by now.." jungwoo stated.

jungwoo looked over to doyoung, "let's watch some tv then! i'm sure it's just traffic in the way!" doyoung nods and gave his best friend a soft smile before clicking on the news channel.

"well, folks, it's a bit of a sad night here with us. there's been an accident—4 injured, 2 passed...." doyoung couldn't hear the tv anymore. he suddenly felt empty and all he heard was ringing. on the other hand, jungwoo was shocked and upset by the news. he turned off the tv immediately, not wanting doyoung to feel even more sad.

"jungwoo, johnny passed away," doyoung suddenly said, tears building up in his eyes. jungwoo's eyes widened, "no, don't say that. i'm sure he's still on his way home." doyoung only glanced at him one more time before saying, "everything is black and white."