Father ⚜ Chapter Nineteen

"What...do you think you're doing?" Draco finally spoke. My brother's glare made the seconds seem like hours. His grip around my arm grew tighter as he awaited an answer. 

        Fear ran through me the second I looked into Draco's eyes, yet now that he questioned me I had anger bubbling up to the surface. "I'm trying to dance...with my date." I jerked my arm back out of Draco's grasp. 

        Draco's eyes shot to Ron, who looked just as angry. Ron's mouth turned tight with a sour expression as he stared back at my brother just as intensely. Draco then looked back towards me. "Your date?" he scoffed in disbelief. "Are you purposely trying to embarrass the family name?"

        I was disgusted. "I'm not the embarrassment, and neither is Ron." I paused for a moment. "You are." I told Draco. 

        Another scoff came from my brother. "Wow, that is hilarious. Shall we find out what Father has to say about this?" Draco's eyes darted back and forth from me to Ron. 

        I might've been able to stand up to my brother, but my father was a different story. I was terrified of that man, always had been. If anyone could tear me away from Ron, it would be him. A new wave of fear came over me. The thought of losing Ron was becoming much too realistic at this point. This mix of anxiety and sadness brought tears to my eyes. To avoid breaking down in front of the entire room full of students, my body just ran. I ran away from it all. I pushed my way through all the bodies and out through the Great Hall entrance. My feet wouldn't stop and I found myself traveling many corridors within the castle. 

        Once the emotions caught up to me and there was no use in running anymore, I found myself at the end of a hall. I was out of energy and I fell to my knees. Ugly sobs began to escape me and tears streamed down my face. I cradled my stomach as my body jerked from my hysterical crying. This pit had been growing in my stomach ever since the beginning of Ron and I. Why couldn't I ever just be happy? Why did every good thing have to be ripped away from me? Ron was my person. I couldn't just give that up. 

        As the crying softened, I picked myself up off the ground. I looked in front of me to the right where a very familiar classroom happened to be. I slowly made my way into the room and looked around. This was the exact empty room I stumbled into when I had my first breakdown caused by my brother. The same room Ron comforted me in. I cried into his arms as he held me that day. 

        "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" I heard a distant voice calling my name that soon grew closer. It was Ron. He then appeared in the doorway, looking to see if I was there. "Are you alright?" I could hear the urgency in his voice as he quickly came over to hug me. 

        "I'm just so scared." I whispered into his chest. Ron's tight embrace loosened and his hands moved to cup my cheeks. He stared into my eyes with concern written all over his face. "I'm scared of losing you, Ron. Father is vile, and my own brother threatened me with him. Who knows what he might do when he finds out about us..."

        "Hey...hey..." Ron whispered to calm me down. "Remember what I said? I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon. I meant what I said." 

        His eyes stared into mine with such intensity. My eyes teared up once again and a few soft sobs left my lips, but I was smiling at his words. "Did he say anything to you? After I ran off?" I sniffled.

        Ron looked down. "He told me to stay away from his sister. He said he won't let you be associated with the likes of me." Ron looked up at me with anger in his eyes. "To be frank, it was quite difficult holding back a punch to his eye."