My Wheezy ⚜ Chapter Sixteen

I pulled Luna aside once we reached the castle and everyone was headed to their common rooms. We stood in an empty hall and I made sure to scan the area and look over my shoulder just in case anyone was listening in. Luna had a look of confusion on her face as I held her hands excitedly. 

        "You'll never guess what just happened back there!" I whispered to her in a thrilled manner. 

        "Ron asked you to the ball?" Luna guessed. 

        "How'd you know?" I was surprised to hear her guess correctly. 

        "The way he looks at you. It's quite obvious how he feels." she stated dreamily. 

        "It wasn't obvious to me..." I mumbled. "He kissed me, Luna. It all feels like a dream come true." I felt enchanted just thinking about Ron. 

        A gentle smile blossomed across Luna's face. "I am so happy for you, (Y/N). You've dreamt of this for what feels like forever." 

        I was walking to my dorm, down the abandoned corridor, when suddenly I felt something tugging at my hand. 

        "Miss (Y/N)!" I turned and looked down to find Dobby standing there. 

        "Dobby!" I was delighted to see my friend. 

        "Dobby must get back to work soon, but was sent to deliver a message!" 

        "What is it, Dobby?" I cocked my head to the side. 

        "Your Wheezy would like to meet at the Black Lake tomorrow during lunch!"

        "Sorry... my what?" I was puzzled. 

        "Your Wheezy! Ron, silly goose!" Dobby explained. 

        "Oh!" I chuckled. "You're so cute. Did Ron tell you anything else?" 

        "Nope! He only instructed Dobby to deliver that message." 

        "He asked me to the ball, Dobby! And he kissed me!" I burst with happiness. 

        "Oh wow, miss! That is exciting news!" he squeaked. 

        "It really is, Dobby. I couldn't be happier." I picked Dobby up as I tightly hugged him like he was a teddy bear, twirling around with him in my arms.

        The next day I very much anticipated seeing Ron down at the lake. I was careful enough to make sure no one saw me sneak out of the castle, but the thought of my brother finding out scared me ever so much. 

        Ron hadn't arrived at the lake yet so I made my way to a ginormous rock and brushed the snow off the surface. I sat on the rock and examined the layer of ice now covering the once active lake. The air was still but it was cold enough to make me shiver. I heard the sound of footsteps crunching the snow behind me and turned my head to see Ron walking up to me. 

        I waved to him. "There you are, Wheezy!" I laughed at myself. 

        He waved back to me. "Wheezy?" he chuckled and sat next to me. 

        "That's Dobby's nickname for you now apparently. Did he get a new job as your own personal owl?" I joked, referring to Ron using Dobby as a messenger. 

        "I just figured since we have to be so secretive now, that Dobby would be a good means of communication." Ron explained.

        "Hm, good thinking. Plus he can apparate, which is much faster than an owl." 

        "Exactly." Ron smiled. 

        I shivered from the cold once more. Ron noticed and scooted a tad closer to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder to keep me warm. He took his other hand and entangled his fingers with mine. Butterflies fluttered around inside of me as I looked up from our hands to gaze upon his face. Ron's eyes studied me intensely. 

        "You're beautiful." Ron told me. 

        I looked away in embarrassment. "I am not." 

        "But you are..." he said as I slowly looked back up at him. "From the moment I first saw you, back in our first year, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen..."

        "The day we first arrived at Hogwarts..." I remembered.

        "I know this is going to sound silly, but I remember when you got sorted into Slytherin. The Sorting Hat had such trouble placing you into a house, it listed off all these wonderful traits it saw in you. I knew you were something special after that." 

        I thought my ears were deceiving me. Never in a million years did I think Ron would say such things to me. "I thought you hated me..." my throat closed up. 

        "When I was younger I never liked Slytherins. It's hilarious now, but I thought they were all evil. You were Draco's twin sister and he never left me or my friends alone. I couldn't think for myself and I judged you, before I ever truly knew you. I'm so sorry for that." Ron apologized. 

        "I understand that, and I forgive you wholeheartedly. I never held that against you, Ron. It's been difficult going through life and no one seeing me for me." I admitted. 

        "I know how you feel... always being in someone else's shadow. You're the first to see me for who I really am, not just Harry Potter's stupid best friend." he squeezed my hand. "I knew I was wrong about you when you stood up to your brother..."

        I rest my head on Ron's broad shoulder and looked off into the distance of the lake, smiling sweetly. "I've been infatuated with you at first glance. You caught my eye before anyone else and you never let go. My mind has been filled with thoughts of you ever since." I spoke as Ron pet my hair. 

        "I've been infatuated with you ever since too." Ron kissed my head as we enjoyed the view of the lake. 

        We sat there, basking in the silence and reveling in each other's presence. Just before we had to part ways, I lifted my head off his shoulder and fixated on him. He raised his hand to the side of my face and gently used his fingers to tuck my silvery blonde hair behind my ear. I placed my hand at the side of Ron's neck and played with his luminous red hair with the tips of my fingers. Our lips met and we shared a slow, soft kiss as our eyes drifted shut. 

        we reached 7k y'all! loving this big happy family! (: which deathly hallow would you guys choose and why? i would for sure want the invisibility cloak. i've always wanted to be invisible to the world, including invisible to death itself.