Chapter 1: The Hunt Begins

Começar do início

"It'll be nice seeing my parents again," Blake nods. "Unfortunately... that's the third one on our list."

"That just means we get through the first two fast!" Ruby throws her fist in the air.

"We're taking off in one minute. Make sure you're all buckled in," the pilot shouts.

The team quickly strap in and wait for take off. Their first destination is about twenty minutes away, so comfort is key.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With your body cleansed by a shower and your regular attire snuggly fitted, you're ready to do Dante's job. Your older brother sits comfortably at in his usual spot, the same magazine captivating him. He looks towards the stairs once he hears you coming down.

"Good to see you awake. Grab your gear, I have..." He sets the magazine down and scours his cluttered desk. "Your orders..."

"Orders?" You chuckle, walking past the desk and to the back. "Jeez, bro, you're so harsh."

"What can I say, cold-hearted demon slayer," he ends with a smirk.

"What does that make me?" You approach a table with a blanket covering equipment. You recognized the form of your weapon under it, thus Dante didn't have to point it out.

"That's up to you," he shrugs. "Anyway..."

You throw the blanket off the table to reveal your signature sword, Force Edge, a holster and...

"You actually gave me a gun?"

"I'm not just a gun, sonny!"

You leap back in fear, upon landing you fall onto your back. Dante shakes his head and sighs. "I'm going to pretend I didn't see that."

You lift back off the ground and point at the table. "Did that gun talk?"

"Yeah, I can't get it to shut up," he sneers.

"You're the one that took me in, wee boy of Sparda," the shotgun replies.

"And I'll throw you in a volcano if you keep pissing me off," he flicks his magazine. "I'm giving you the annoying shotgun."

"Why?"

"You need a gun and I don't want to deal with it. You like talking. You'll be fast friends."

You get off the ground and approach the table to examine the Devil Arm. Unlike Dante's secondary firearm, this gun has a much sleeker design, seeming smoother and more detailed. It's white handle glistens, the double barrel is detailed with a face just above it as if you're shoving shells into its mouth, and the barrel is designed with demonic engravings that are all too familiar.

"Heya, sonny. You're the small kid of Sparda, huh? I hear you're the most preferred."

"What?"

"Demons like you, at least compared to your brothers. Grumpy bastards, they are."

Dante rolls his shoulders and exhales out of his nose.

"I-I mean they're great!"

"You've oppressed him," you look over your shoulder.

"I did what I had to," your brother casually responds. "Anyway, I already had one pair of talking swords. I don't need an annoying gun too. He's yours."

You cross your arms and look back at the stationary, sentient firearm. "I guess... I'll take him."

"Good. It's about time you collect more Devil Arms instead of playing with mine."