Chapter 42: Gonna pull the plug

I sighed nervously, and opened the text.

Megan: Hey, had fun last night, but you should've told me that you had a gf, I would've taken you to my house ;)

Chris: I tried to fucking tell you, Megan, but you wouldn't fucking listen to me, and I wouldn't of went to your house in the first place >.<

Megan: Lol someone has an attitude, need to be cheered up? ;)

Chris: No fucking thank you, I don't need you to ruin shit anymore, what happened last night was a mistake, I regret every single second of it.

Megan: :( I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, do you really love her?

Chris: Yes, Megan! I apologized and begged for her to forgive me and proposed to her! I'm in love with this girl! And now she's in the fucking hospital...

Megan: Omfg, I'm so sorry, Chris! I feel so terrible now! Why is she in the hospital?

Chris: Someone shot her through the living room window so we didn't see them, the bullet would've hit me, but she pushed me out of the way...now she's in a coma from losing a lot of blood...

Megan: Wow...I'm sorry, is there anything I can do to help to keep your mind off of things?

Chris: No, thanks, you've done enough...I gtg, I wanna spend some alone time with my fiance...just keep in mind that what happened last night didn't mean shit, you got me drunk and you lured me into your fantasy...have a good fucking night...

At that I turned off my phone, and held Liz's cold hand to my lips, and stared at her beautiful face. I let out a sigh, and cried.

"I never wanted to hurt you...I wish I didn't mean that much to you, to the point you risked your life for me...especially after what happened last night...I should be the one in the hospital in a coma from saving YOUR life..I'm supposed to be your hero!! But, you care too fucking much, Elizabeth!!!" I wiped a tear away.

"I'm sorry for yelling, I just love you too much, words can't even explain..." I trailed off and went into flashbacks of the good and bad times we spent together. It was like it was all a dream, and she's the perfect girl. Like we were the perfect couple in the movies. We'd always stay up late watching movies together, or playing video games, or even just lie in bed and stare into each other's eyes until we fell asleep. More tears fell from my eyes. I felt like I was gonna have a heart attack. This must be the feeling she felt when her mother died. Because when you lose someone that means the world to you, it literally hurts you or numbs you in the worse way possible, and that's how I felt right now.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months...even after they gave her her second transfusion, they said it was gonna take a while for the blood to flow through her system. I became anxious, and stressed, and the rehearsals with the guys did not help at all. I hadn't talked to Megan ever since then, and the cops haven't found the suspect yet, which put even more weight on my shoulders.

Finally, I went to the hospital to visit Liz once again. She was still in her coma. Everyone has visited her as much as possible, but Maria and I visit more than the others. She visits at least three times a week, meanwhile I visit everyday of the week, bringing stuffed toys for her when she wakes up. I still had hope that she'd wake up. The guys wasn't really sure if she'd wake up or not. I put the stuffed batman in the bed with her. She looked so adorable with it. I knew how much she loved Batman. I sat in the same seat I'd sit in for the past three months now. It's a shame that she missed her 21st birthday, but we still came to the hospital with birthday hats on and sang happy birthday, and bought her gifts when she wakes up. I held her hand again, and talked to her for hours as if she could hear me.

"Remember when I saved you from the bullies? I fell in love with you right then and there....remember when we went laser tagging, and go carting? That was fun..." I slightly smiled just by thinking about those sweet moments.

The nurse came in with a clipboard and read whatever was on it. She had a saddened look on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Is this Elizabeth Marcum?" She asked.

I nodded my head slowly, afraid of what she might say.

"Well, she's been in a coma for three months, we don't think she can make.it any longer, were going to pull the plug on her, Mr.Cerulli,"

"NO, YOU'RE NOT!!" I screamed as I shot up from my seat, startling the nurse.

"Mr.Cerulli, I understand that you're taking this very hard, many other people have gone through this too, and we've done this plenty of times, please stay calm,"

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK HOW MANY TIMES YOU'VE DONE THIS, SHE'S MY FIANCE, SHE'S A FIGHTER, AND I BELIEVE SHE'S GOING TO WAKE  ANY DAY NOW!! JUST...JUST GIVE HER SOME TIME!!" I screamed as I walked towards her, she then whistles and two men, security guards, walk in and grab me by my arms, dragging me towards the door, but I didn't let them take me without a fight, I tried my best to slide away from their hands, but they were much too strong for me, by the time, we made out to the hallway, they pushed me against the wall, struggling to put my hands behind my back, I see the nurse began to slowly close the door, letting other doctors and nurses in the room.

"NOOOOOOOO"I screamed. The door stops at a pause, I somehow escaped from their hands, and pushed them away and ran to her room. I paused in the middle of the room, and my heart dropped to my stomach, and my knees got weak and shaky, my hands shook even more, and an ocean of water from my eyes splashed on to the floor, my jaw dropped open, I wanted to scream, but no sound would come out, the doctors were surrounding her bed, but I could still see perfectly...

...and I felt like passing out after witnessing what I saw...