seungmin slightly frowned as he read the first letter that was surprisingly meant for him. he folded the paper back to how it was before he took it out of the envelope and placed it back. he was supposed to take out another one but he heard the bell ringing, making him stand up and run back to his class. with the envelope in his hand, he decided to read all the letters tonight. if these letters were meant for him then he should be reading them, right?

but it said in the letter that i shouldn't read it. seungmin sighed in relief as he got in time for class. walking back to his seat, he properly placed the envelope under his desk, making sure it won't get crumpled by his books. hwang hyunjin. that name suddenly crossed his mind as he stared at his desk. to seungmin, he never heard of that name before. it sure was weird that a stranger wrote a letter for him.

but the writer, assumingly hyunjin, called him cute. just by that thought, his cheeks started to warm up. nobody has ever called him cute before, other than his parents. he was mostly described as someone who is quiet so the word "cute" was somehow new to him. seungmin hoped he'd meet hwang hyunjin someday. he wanted to know why he wrote letters for him rather than confronting him. letters were too old school for seungmin, but he still thought it was more sincere than a text message through phone.

finally, the teacher arrived and greeted them. the class finally started.

───

"wanna come with us, seungmin?" jisung placed an arm around seungmin who was peacefully eating his ice cream. they were going to the public basketball court since they were bored and didn't want to go home yet. seungmin just shrugged at his question as he continued to devour his ice cream.

chan noticed that seungmin has been quiet since the time they went to buy ice cream. he wanted to ask the boy, but he thought that it might be something seungmin isn't ready to tell him. he just sighed quietly as he stared at the two boys behind him. "are you gonna watch us play again?" chan asked, raising a brow at the younger male who was enjoying his ice cream.

seungmin paused for a minute to think. he wanted to go along and play with them, but he sadly couldn't because of what happened in the past. watching them play basketball made him miss it even more but all he could do is to endure it. "i still can't play with you guys, right?" seungmin asked, slowly lowering his head from the older male. he has been asking the same question ever since he was healed, but his friends were too worried about his condition and they would always say no.

"seungmin, you already know the answer" chan sighed as he continued, "i don't want you to be injured again" the younger male only frowned and nodded as a response. jisung, who was right beside seungmin this whole time, ruffled his hair and gave him an apologetic look.

seungmin shook his head, brushing it all off and gave them a fake smile. "it's okay! i'll just go straight home then. enjoy playing basketball with the others" he turned his heel and walked off. he felt the stares of his friends from behind but he didn't bother to look back.

as he kept walking, he remembered the envelope he found earlier. right, i have to read the rest. with that, he quickened his pace so he could finally read the letters.

───

i feel like i could finish this story easily