PROLOGUE

it was early in the morning when the ball started bouncing past hyunjin as he watched the players tried to catch the ball. he just sat there on the ground humming to random tunes, not knowing what else to do. hyunjin wanted to play with the rest, but he was too shy to ask if he could join them. he thought he'd stutter asking them, causing him to embarrass himself in front of them. he wanted to be part of their group─ the popular students in school. yes, everyone swooned for them─ especially girls. he didn't want the popularity but wanted to look cool at least.

heaving a sigh, he stood up and clutched his folders close to his chest and turned away, ready to walk back to class. he planned to open his books and start studying again before the teacher arrives, but he stopped his tracks when he heard the group of boys call someone's name.

"hey seungmin! what took you so long?" said one of the boys.

seungmin. that name has been stuck in hyunjin's mind since the day he saw him jogging to his friends who were playing basketball. after that day, he has been wanting to know this male. to hyunjin, he didn't look like he was part of them. he looked ordinary─ someone you'd see working in a dog cafe and not hanging out with some popular students.

even though he wanted to get to know seungmin, he was too shy to confront him. he didn't want to get judged. he heaved, yet, another sigh and quickly walked back to class, completely ignoring the conversation from the group of boys.

little did he know that an envelope that he didn't want anyone to see fell off from one of his folders.

the group of boys were heading back to the to their classes but seungmin decided to stay. he noticed that there was an envelope at the side of the court. frowning, he walked towards it and took the envelope as he flipped it over to see the other side just in case the owner wrote their name on it. sadly, there wasn't.

seungmin didn't want to get into someone's privacy but since he didn't know who the owner was, he decided to open it. in the envelope, he found eight folded papers. are these letters?

───

guess who's back with another story :'))