I

dear kim seungmin,

i know it's weird for me to be writing this to you when you don't even know me. before you think of me as a creepy old man, i'm actually a student who is attending the same school as you. we're in the same year level but we're not in the same class.

if you're curious how i knew you, well, i've been seeing you a lot in the basketball court whenever those popular guys are playing. i guess they're your friends. when i first saw you talking with them, i got curious. you and the rest looked so close. it made me question, who are you? honestly, i couldn't get my eyes off of you and i couldn't stop thinking about you all day. you look ordinary, but it gave an effect to my heart. i actually don't know what i felt, but i hope it's nothing bad.

one day, i suddenly heard your name being called in the basketball court when you arrived. "kim seungmin!" one of the guys said. well i assume he's your friend. you looked so happy when you saw them as they engulfed you in a hug. it made me soft inside─ seeing your bright smile made my whole day lively. it was cute. you're cute.

i don't know if you'll be able to read this, but i hope you don't. i would be so embarrassed if you actually did. i hope i get to talk to you soon and get to know you more. like i said, you don't know me and i doubt that you ever notice me.

but i hope one day, we'll be able to talk to each other.

xoxo,
hwang hyunjin

───

i know the letter is too short asdfghjkl
i still hope y'all enjoy this tho