A Surprising Visit And Working There

I spent the whole time reading an Agatha Christie book.
  "Chlara...? You might want to see this..." suddenly my dad exclaimed.
  Thinking 'Whatever it is, it's probably worth a look', I walked to where I thought my dad was. But he wasn't in the living room...
  "Chlara? Where are you?" that sounded like it came from the door. I walked down the short hallway to see a tall figure standing in the door and thus in front of my dad.
  "Huh. Who's that?"
  I walked up to them. The figure turned out to be a tall man with brown curly hair, and a leather jacket...
  "Wait a sec... Aren't you?"
  Saying I was surprised was the understatement of the year!
  "Yup! The one and only Michael Knight!"
  My jaw dropped. Why the hell was he here!? I just stared at him. I mean: How!? Why!?
  "Um, nice to meet you..."
  My smile was unsure, yet happy, like I couldn't believe it. Well, as a matter of fact, I actually couldn't believe it. I stretched my hand out, and Michael shook it happily.
  "I'm Chlara..."
  "Told you you wanted to see this," my dad whispered to me.
  "May I come in and speak with you?"
  "Do you mean me with speaking to or?" I looked at Michael.
  "Yes, you. Only if it's okay with you, sir."
  "Hm... Alright. Do you want a coffee or?"
  "No, it's alright."
  My dad stepped aside and Michael walked in. I was going in front to show him where my room was.
  "You can sit on the bed," I gestured to said bed and sat down on my chair. It faced to Michael who took the offer. His expression turned more serious.
  "Are you okay?"
  "Eh, I'm fine, are you?" I asked him.
  "Are you really fine? Or just saying it?"
  I shrugged.
  "I really am, don't worry."
  He sighed heavily
  "So? How is it? I mean, working with criminals?"
  I tried to smile, but it showed that I didn't really mean it.
  "Could be worse?"
  Michael raised an eyebrow.
  "And that means?"
  This time I sighed and held my head with my hands. Then I looked up again.
  "I don't know. It's, it's not bad in the way like," I sighed heavily, "I mean I do feel the worst guilt you could ever imagine. But, I am not treated badly, it's just not for me. I have to work there knowing that it will end up in the wrong hands. And... Honestly... I despise that thought. And the worst part is that they nearly killed my friends. And used our family car that I grew up with. They got me 'fired', and may harm or kill someone! And I, in a way, help them to!"
  I groaned. As I was talking, I started to notice the consequences of my actions. Of the plan. We sat in silence for some minutes.
  "I'm sorry. I tend to get over emotional... " I looked back up to Michael who looked at me sadly, probably because he felt sorry for me. "How are KITT and KARR?"
  "Well, KITT is getting along with KARR, and KARR himself is better since he knows that you are still in cover. Wonder that he cares at all for anybody."
  I grinned.
  "Eh, he probably thought: 'God, I hate being destroyed. Eh, better listen to this annoying human, maybe that way I don't get destroyed! Can't she watch over herself!? Ugh, if I lose her, I have to get used to a different, possibly worse human!'" I laughed since I had the habit of imagening everything.
  "Hey, I'm sure that he didn't think that!"
  "I know, I was just being self ironic."
  I looked amused at him. He smiled at me. Then my smile got warmer.
  "It's really nice that he cares for my well being."
  "I know."
  My mom now came in.
  "I'm sorry, would you like snacks?"
  He smiled at her.
  "Sure, do you, Chlara?"
  I thought of the Smoki's, and nodded heavily.
  "Yes please!"
  "Alright!"
  She left and went to the kitchen.
  "And how are you?" I asked Michael.
  "Good, thanks for asking."
  "And the others?"
  "Too."
  "I'm happy to hear that. "
  I chuckled.
  "What is it?" I heard Michael's curios voice
  "It's not really common to see someone that is your childhood hero from the eighties in flesh in front of you. That probably made my dad's day."
  "Wait, it isn't?"
  I rolled my eyes smiling.
  "Yes, it happens to EVERYONE at LEAST once in their lifetime that the protagonist of a show or movie walks up to then and wants to talk to their daughter, that loves that show too. OF COURSE that's completely common."
  "It is for you, isn't it?"
  I thought for a second. 'Kind of is actually...'
  "Well, I do have the excuse that I am a Worldtraveller, so... But, in all the years, well two years, I haven't figured out ONCE how Worldtravellers get selected... Probably randomly, since who would want a, at that time, twelve year old kid that hasn't really seen anything of the world. I mean, sure, I know not to go with strangers because they could do God knows what, that I should never cross the street when the lights are red and not cross it without looking, etc., but more? I was twelve at that time, and now I could get myself in even more trouble, I have a big mouth and don't think before talking. And a bad temper, like you have experienced...," I shyly added. Then I continued:
  "The worst combination I'd say. Come to think about it, why DO Worldtravellers exist? I mean, sure because there are criminals out there that are too. But who was the first one? Why did they even have that power? Who gave it to them? We kn-"
  "You are starting to rant." Michael spoke up, interrupting me.
  'Oh, he's right...' I looked embarrassed down.
  "Sorry, I can talk like a waterfall sometimes..." I smiled unsurely.
  "No problem."
  My mom came in with salt rods and, most importantly, Smoki!
  I gave her a shining smile.
  "Thanks!"
  She returned the smile.
  "You're welcome."
  "Thanks ma'am," Michael thanked her.
  She seemed a bit surprised for merely a second, maybe even less, then it looked like she had just figured out something. Although I could only guess, it was probably the 'ma'am' part that didn't make sense to her at first, and honestly, when I heard him say that, I looked at him with a completely dumbfounded expression. I had taken longer to figure it out.
  She gave him a warm smile and replied:
  "No problem."
  She walked out.
  "So? How is it living in more than one world?" Michael asked me.
  "Bit difficult, but manageable."