Chlara's Homeworld

After a while I broke the hug, and KARR scanned me.
  "You know what? We'll go home. To YOUR world! You need rest, and you should recover. I want you to feel better, you are completely exhausted."
  "KARR, I wont leave you alone!" I protested immediately.
  I didn't want him to be deactivated again, or worse, destroyed.
  "Not going to happen, KARR." I added sternly.
  "So you won't leave me alone, huh? How about this: I will come to your world, and watch you?"
  I sighed.
  "Fine."
  Devon came in.
  "What happened?"
  "KARR got temporarely shut down. But! We got him up and running again!" I replied.
  As he saw me, he only nodded. Then he replied:
  "Chlara, please go home. When you are needed again, we will contact you. But for now you should get some rest."
  I nodded, and looked at KARR.
  "Ready to go to the home town of every car?"
  He now sounded more energetic.
  "You bet!"
  The door opened, and I smiled weakly.
  "Then off we go! Bye everyone!" I waved, and got in.

  I was back in my bed. I took a deep breath and drifted slowly to sleep.

After a, for my standards pretty normal dream, my mom woke me up. I got up, and was immediately greeted by my little sister.
  "Keke, stand up! No sleep! You have school!" I heard her say.
  I smiled. (Keep in mind that every word said would be on German, but I decided to not write everything on German, for your sake)
  "I know, thanks."
  I smiled. She was just too cute! I hugged her, and got asked:
  "'Će (She couldn't say 'Hoće' which was 'Will' in Croatian) Maja sleep too?"
  "Of course, Maja. Wait a second."
  I layed down, and made some space for her. It is always fascinating to see how much space a four year old can take.
  After a short time, our mom called us for breakfast.
  "Aww, you two look really cute," my mom stated, as she walked by my room.
  "Of course we do! We are your daughters!" I acted as if I was insulted.
  "Keke, stand up! Breakfast!"
  We walked into the living room, sat down and began to eat. After we finished, we brushed our teeth and got ready to go to school. Well, I did, my mom always drove me there with my little sister.
  "Chlara? Could you please get the garbage out? Bio ton."
  "Of course!" I liked helping my mom.

  I walked behind the multiple families house to throw the garbage in. Then I began to whistle silently, as I walked to our car.
  "What the...?"
  I stared at the literally foreign car. It was a two tone, black and white, Trans Am with a scanner, which was running from on side to the other.
  "... KARR?" I asked, not breaking my gaze.
  "The one and only! So...? When does school start?"
  "Umm, in a few minutes. My mom is driving me there,"I replied.
  "Can I follow you?"
  I smiled.
  "I don't know. Can you?" I looked amused at him.
  "I have to go. See you at school then!"
  I waved and hurried. He started his engine. I always got nervous when someone drove behind me. I arrived at our family's car. It was a dolphin gray metallic 323i from 1999. I got in and helped strapping Maja in.
  "Chlara? What is that car behind us? It looks like KITT, don't you think?" I suddenly heard mom saying.
  I looked behind me and saw a certain Trans Am following.  Grinning, I replied:
  "That is a KARR replica. Cool!"
  Mom hummed in response. After a while, we reached my school, the Wirttemberg-Gymnasium, and stopped.
  "We're there. Have fun, don't let others annoy you, and bye for now! Love you!"
  "Love you too!" I gave both a kiss on the cheek and got out. I walked to the school, when I heard a certain engine. I looked behind me, and a yellow scanner greeted me. I turned my head forward again. But I had forgotten something.
   "Um, KARR? What fuel are you driving with?"
  "Gasoline, why?"
  Phew.
  "In Stuttgart, you are not allowed to use Diesel anymore, except for updated Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines."
  "Really?" he sounded dissaprovingly.
  "I guess it's the law... Have fun at school! I'll get myself a park spot."
   And he drove off. I smiled, and walked through the gate. On the left was the 'Neubau', new building. That was were I had to go. On the right side you could see the 'Altbau' old building. And behind that were the containers. We shared every building with the Linden-Realschule. More to the different types of schools later. Some people just stared at me, but I ignored them. As soon as I reached the building I had my first subject, German, I saw my class. I placed my backpack next to the door, and then walked out, waiting for the teacher. I put on some music, plugged my headphones into my phone, and listened to some music. Shot of Love began to play as I waited. Some time later my friend, Chris, joined me, and I gave him one of my headphones. After about ten minutes she finally arrived. I walked up, seeing my whole class, which consisted of 20 boys and 5 girls. We were the IMP class, Informatics Maths and Physics. As soon as we sat down, we pulled out the book we were reading. It was called 'Erebos'. We first read some of it, and then talked about the characters and what had happened. After 90 minutes, well, even less, the first and second period were over. The bell rang and we all walked to the schoolyards. Since I was looking for my two friends Nicki and Ninette, I walked to the other side. Suddenly, I felt someone tipping on my shoulder.
  "Chlara? Where are you going?" I heard a female voice laughing. I turned around and saw Nicki and Ninette. Nicki, how I knew, was Irish and had long, red locks, greenish blueish eyes and seemed like a tan was impossible. Ninette looked more exotic. She had a darker skin tone, where you would think that she just came out of vacation, shoulder length, dark brown hair dark brown eyes, and was always positive. She was Egyptian and Bulgarian.
  "Hey! How are you?" I asked, or yelled, the two.
  "Is something wrong? You look tired and a bit sad..." Ninette stated.
  "Eh, had too much sleep, like always."
  "If you say so..."
  We walked to the other schoolyard.
  "Hey! Isn't that the car from Knight Rider?" Nicki suddenly exclaimed.
  I immediately looked at where she was pointing at, and saw that she was right. In a way. I saw KARR, who slowly started to drive towards us. I laughed, because Nicki and Ninette were looking a bit shocked when they saw that no one was driving.
  "Why are you laughing!?"
  The other students were starting to call KARR rude, but stopped as soon as they saw no one driving. Tim, someone from the other class, walked up to me.
  "What car is that?"
  In the mean time KARR had reached us and replied, completely cool:
  "A Pontiac Firebird Trans Am from 1982. Why?"
  Tim jumped, and I shook my head disapprovingly, I had stopped smiling. If he kept this up, some people would call the police and THAT was something that was definitely not good.
  "KARR! Stop it!" I kept my voice down, but had problems to do the same thing with my worry and anger.
  "I am sorry, but I'll have to leave. See you later, Chlara," and he drove off. I let out some air.
  "What was that all about, Chlara?" a boy that I just knew too well came up. He had short light brown hair, and matching eyes.
  "Chris! Hey! How are you?" I asked my Kindergarten friend. My mood immediately got better.
  He had his arms crossed.
  "I want to talk to you. Now."
  Suddenly, my good mood had completely vanished. I had ignored him more or less because of yesterday and he must have noticed. It had blocked off my mind from anything else, and I only had looked for Nicki and Ninette because I always did that. He grabbed my arm surprisingly gently and pulled me to Ms. Keller's office. He opened the door and closed it.
  "Alright. What happened?"
  I sighed.
  "Nothing. Really," I added, although I knew he wouldn't buy it. And he didn't.
  "You really expect me to believe that? Chlara, we know each other since we were in Kindergarten. There's no way to lie to me."
  Dammit.
  "Chris, really, I'm fine." I smiled like 'Thanks for the worry, but it's not needed'.
  He got louder.
  "You are NOT fucking fine!"
  "I. Am. Really," I stressed every word, showing that I got angry too.
  "Just tell him." I jumped as I heard KARR. Chris had heard him too.
  "Was kommst du jetzt eigentlich angeschissen, hm!? ('And who told YOU to start talking now!?' is the most accurate translation)" I said angrily to KARR. I was really pissed.
  "What the-!? where did that-!? Eh, doesn't matter! You heard him, so talk!"
  "You-! You know what! I will tell you!" and began to tell from the very beginning, but made it a bit shorter.
  He was... Shocked. And then smiled wide with the mouth wide open in awe.
  "And you didn't tell me!? God, that's so cool! My friend, an agent of the Foundation! And even has KARR as partner! Ooh, you NEED to take me some day with you!"
  "Yeah, SOME day... You're not mad?" I shyly asked.
  "No! But... Wait. What if someone hurts or kills you?"
  "Eh, I can't die, sooo..." I left the sentence in the air.
  I looked at my watch.
  "Shit! We are going to be late!"
  We ran out, passing a confused Ms. Keller. We made it to the classroom, but the teacher wasn't there. We had English now, so we waited outside the building again. Chris still smiled like an idiot.

The rest of the day was pretty event less. In the noon break we, Nicki, Ninette, Chris and I walked over to CAP, the supermarket in Untertürkheim, where I bought some Fisherman's friend's and some chewing gum, and the others some sweets. Then we ate a pizza, and talked. After school was over, we all went home. I walked down the parking lot and saw my parent's car waiting.
  "How was school?" was what I was greeted with.
  "Good!" and I started telling her everything, except for KARR's appearance and the talk with Chris.
  After a short time we arrived at our apartment. Flat. Whatever! I opened the door and after getting my backpack off my back, I heard someone calling:
  "Keke!"
  The voice belonged to my dad, and we greeted each other with a hug.
  "How was school?" he asked. I really WAS his gender bent Mini-me. He had short, brown hair, a three-day-beard and warm, brown eyes, which sometimes couldn't decide to whether or not they wanted to be a bit greenish.
  "Good!" I answered my dad's question.
  "Can I get something different than a 'Good'?" he joked.
  "It was great!" and I began to tell him. Again without the KARR and Chris parts.
  "Good." he smiled, and then turned around, walking into the kitchen with mom. I checked if I had any messages, and then opened YouTube for any notifications. Some were YouTubers uploading, and some were comments. Leaving the phone to charge, I read a bit, before mom called us for lunch. She had made palačinke, the food I couldn't get enough of. Palačinke were basically pancakes, just WAY thinner. And mom always made her minced meat sauce... I loved them. Some time later I played with my sister, until it was bedtime for both of us. We brushed our teeth, put our Pyjamas on, and went to bed.
  I had to get to KARR, but how? I thought for a moment. Teleporting! But... Am I allowed to? The problem is that we World Travellers aren't allowed to use our powers in our own world... Except we have no choice. And I didn't have one either. I had to touch KARR to get him back. So I teleported out of my room to KARR on the streets. Oh God was it cold! Germany isn't known for its warm weather after all. And I had no shoes on! Only socks. I walked around, until I saw a yellow scanner illuminating a bit of a car hood.
  "Are you crazy?!? You'll catch a cold!" KARR scolded me.
  "Are YOU crazy!? You'll only get attention to us!"
  "Let's not fight!" He didn't exactly sound placatory, more annoyed, but it was better than nothing. At least he didn't bring attention to us anymore.
  "Then let's get you to your world, shall we?" I tried my best to sound nicer.
  "Yes. Although I liked it here, I have to say. Could you give me a tour some day?"
  "Of cou-" and with that, we vanished. But not on purpose...

A/N: First off, thank you so much for the reads (324!). And votes. You don't know how happy I am when someone votes. Again, I'm open for requests and such. If you liked it, then please click on the vote button below, the little star. And don't forget to vote on every chapter you liked, not only in my book, but also in others. We authors are always happy to see that little star getting attention. And some critique would be really appreciated, like what you liked, what you didn't like, and what I could do better. Stay happy and tuned, have a nice day/night, and, hopefully, see you in the next chapter!